Mobile menu

Problem with Trados
Thread poster: meligonzal
Local time: 16:48
Spanish to English
+ ...
Oct 8, 2008

Hello everybody,

I have a problem with Trados installation, perhaps.
My Workbench runs well, but when I open Windows the Trados bar is not available. I don´t know why? I use Windows Vista Business and Word 2007. I would appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance

Meli Glez.

Direct link Reply with quote
xxxJPW  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:48
Spanish to English
+ ...
MORE info needed Oct 8, 2008

Dear Meli,

My Workbench runs well, but when I open Windows the Trados bar is not available.

You mean, "When I open Word the toolbar is not there", surely?

For Word 2007, look for the add-ins tab on the ribbon at the top op the screen, you should see the toolbar buttons there. Or look for an icon of a man holding two flags, as you may need to 'unhide' it.

But it depends a lot on which version of Trados you are using. Anything but the latest build will not, I fear, work with the latest version of Word...

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:48
SDL Support... Oct 8, 2008

Hi Meli,

We have an article within the SDL knowledge base which should fix this issue. Please read the following article and follow the instructions provided:

I hope this helps.

Many Thanks,

Gareth Powell
SDL Support Team

Olav Karlsen
Local time: 23:48
English to Norwegian
+ ...
MS Word as an editor Oct 8, 2008

I try to avoid using MS Word as an editor if possible because it is too slow and cumbersome. Try to import your files into Tag Editor which can run rings around MS Word when editing.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem with Trados

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

SDL MultiTerm 2015
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software.

SDL MultiTerm 2015 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2015 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs