Problem with Trados
Thread poster: meligonzal
meligonzal
Local time: 19:57
Spanish to English
+ ...
Oct 8, 2008

Hello everybody,

I have a problem with Trados installation, perhaps.
My Workbench runs well, but when I open Windows the Trados bar is not available. I don´t know why? I use Windows Vista Business and Word 2007. I would appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance

Meli Glez.

Direct link Reply with quote

xxxJPW  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:57
Spanish to English
+ ...
MORE info needed Oct 8, 2008

Dear Meli,

My Workbench runs well, but when I open Windows the Trados bar is not available.

You mean, "When I open Word the toolbar is not there", surely?

For Word 2007, look for the add-ins tab on the ribbon at the top op the screen, you should see the toolbar buttons there. Or look for an icon of a man holding two flags, as you may need to 'unhide' it.

But it depends a lot on which version of Trados you are using. Anything but the latest build will not, I fear, work with the latest version of Word...

Regards,

JP.

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 02:57
English
SDL Support... Oct 8, 2008

Hi Meli,

We have an article within the SDL knowledge base which should fix this issue. Please read the following article and follow the instructions provided:

http://talisma.sdl.com/article.aspx?article=1466&p=1

I hope this helps.

Many Thanks,

Gareth Powell
SDL Support Team

Olav Karlsen
Norway
Local time: 02:57
English to Norwegian
+ ...
MS Word as an editor Oct 8, 2008

I try to avoid using MS Word as an editor if possible because it is too slow and cumbersome. Try to import your files into Tag Editor which can run rings around MS Word when editing.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem with Trados

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs