Thread poster: Isabel Lindinger

Isabel Lindinger  Identity Verified
Austria
Local time: 22:39
French to German
+ ...
Oct 9, 2008

Hi,

I'm having problems defining default content for text fields in Multiterm Import Models.

(I've got SDL Trados 2007/Vista on PC)

Theoretically it's dead easy to define default content for the different fields (Import Model Wizard, step 2 select field, enter default content), but it just won't work!

1) When I select another field in the entry structure in order to define default content for another field, the previously entered default content remains in the box
2) The default content is not visible in the preview
3) And, most importantly it does not appear in the entry structure (when creating new terms with this import model)

I've been posting this problem in different forums - nobody seems to have this problem.

Any ideas?

Thank you!
Isabel

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Possibly is Vista the cause Oct 9, 2008

As this process works fine on any PC I know with Windows XP, I strongly suppose this is something with Vista. Probably Java, Internet Explorer or other supporting applications are working in a diffferent way there.
Sorry, but the best idea I have is to create the models on a PC with XP and then export the database with its definition and recreate it on the Vista PC, using the settings from XP PC.

Austria
French to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
good idea, but it doesn't work Oct 10, 2008

Hi Jerzy,

Thanks for you answer and your suggestion.

That's actually one of the first things I tried --> I created the Input Model definition on my old system and tried to load it on my new machine but unfortunately I got the exact same result - the imported definition "reacts" exactly the same than a newly created one.

Text field values cannot be entered/changed/saved.

If this is a Vista/SDL 2007 issue I shouldn't be the only person having this problem, but I didn't find anything about it...

Isabel

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Same problem here Oct 13, 2009

I have exactly the same problem (with Multiterm 7.5), and a colleague is reporting the same issue on Windows 7 while she did not have this on Windows XP.

Austria
French to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
same problem with Multiterm 2009 (Vista) Oct 13, 2009

Hello,

I've now installed Multiterm 2009 (still with the same OS - Vista) but unfortunately the problem persists. I was hoping that this could be resolved with Windows 7 but apparently that's not the case...

I also contacted the SDL Trados support but they couldn't help me either (I don't have a support contract though, so we probably didn't go through every possibility).

Anyway, knowing that other people have the same problem gives me hope that we'll eventually find a solution. I may be assisting a workshop on Studio 2009 in November - if anything helpful comes up I'll make sure to post it here.

Isabel

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Unable to define default values in Multiterm input models

Advanced search

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search