Thread poster: Jabberwock

Jabberwock  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 05:59
Member (2004)
English to Polish
Oct 10, 2008

I've had a strange error today...

I could not pretranslate most of my files with Workbench. I have received strange errors, such as „Parameter is incorrect (here the name of a temp file)” and „Cannot access file as it is opened by another process”.

I've read an article on the SDL site:
http://talisma.sdl.com/display/2n/kb/article.aspx?aid=2263&n=3&s=1

But none of the solutions worked. After some experiments it turned out that there was a conflict with Comodo AntiVirus... (before you point the blaming finger, SDL Trados is the only program that Comodo has trouble with ).

I hope this helps someone (and ends up in Talisma, as well...).

Direct link Reply with quote

Stanislaw Czech, MCIL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 04:59
Member (2006)
English to Polish
+ ...
Same problem here Oct 10, 2008

Mostly "cannot access file" - so far the only effective solution was restarting OS, I would love to learn a better way myself.

Best Regards

Jabberwock wrote:

I've had a strange error today...

I could not pretranslate most of my files with Workbench. I have received strange errors, such as „Parameter is incorrect (here the name of a temp file)” and „Cannot access file as it is opened by another process”.

I've read an article on the SDL site:
http://talisma.sdl.com/display/2n/kb/article.aspx?aid=2263&n=3&s=1

But none of the solutions worked. After some experiments it turned out that there was a conflict with Comodo AntiVirus... (before you point the blaming finger, SDL Trados is the only program that Comodo has trouble with ).

I hope this helps someone (and ends up in Talisma, as well...).

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Solution to a problem - „Parameter is incorrect” and „cannot access file”

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs