Vito Smolej wrote:
Export a few segments from a TM thats OK, as TMX for instance, and then compare the contents of the exported file with other TMX file(s), that can't get imported. It could be as simple as EN-US vs EN or something equally stupid - source and target exchanged, CR instead of CR/LF etc.
[urejeno ob 2008-10-12 09:56]
Thanks for the reply. I think there were 3 possible reasons foor my problems:
1. I was working on a flash drive and for some reason my computer sometimes does not recognize the flash drive for a few seconds then re-recognizes it and sometimes assigns it a slightly different name ("H drive" or "flash drive (H)").
2. I used to have only one user account on the computer, then I changed it to two, with different names, and for some reason in some files it keeps the old user account name.
3. Corrupt trados8.dot and normal.dot files.
I deleted the normal.dot file and moved trados8.dot, I re-started the computer, and I started over working from the C drive.
I was then able to use Systrans to translate files and then use Winalign to align the source files and Systrans-translated files and output a tmx file that I could import with Workbench.
My computer is still screwy, I have powerpoint starting up spontaneously. telling me there is a Systrans problem, then crashing, and I have word documents (and rtf files) refusing to cooperate in Systrans, saying they are being used by another program (normal.dot) it seems the last file I have open will not close out completely, so I re-save it,under a different name, then the original file will cooperate.
What a mess... but somehow working.