Thread poster: Rob Albon

Rob Albon  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 12:06
Japanese to English
+ ...
Oct 11, 2008

Hello,
I am working with Trados 2007 and Systrans Premium 6, I am trying to use Systrans to pre-translate and then edit in Trados.

I have matched up the source and translated target files and processed in Winalign, editing and everything, but when I tell it to export, at first it exported the files as tmx, or txt, but when I imported into workbench it said "0 segments , 0 errors, etc" there were 4 items, all 0.

I tried to import another txt file previously exported from Workbench, and it imported fine, 0 errors, 1333 segments.

I have been working all day on this... now the files that I export are just disappearing, i.e., I say to export, save it by file name, then they are not in the target folder.

Help...

Thanks,
Rob Albon

Direct link Reply with quote

Vito Smolej
Germany
Local time: 18:06
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
Could be the language assignments ... Oct 12, 2008

when I imported into workbench it said "0 segments , 0 errors, etc" there were 4 items, all 0

Export a few segments from a TM thats OK, as TMX for instance, and then compare the contents of the exported file with other TMX file(s), that can't get imported. It could be as simple as EN-US vs EN or something equally stupid - source and target exchanged, CR instead of CR/LF etc.

If that's of any help, this kind of errors is easier to find than cases, where 20% gets imported but 80% does not.

Regards

Vito

[urejeno ob 2008-10-12 09:56]

Rob Albon  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 12:06
Japanese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for reply Oct 12, 2008

Vito Smolej wrote:
Export a few segments from a TM thats OK, as TMX for instance, and then compare the contents of the exported file with other TMX file(s), that can't get imported. It could be as simple as EN-US vs EN or something equally stupid - source and target exchanged, CR instead of CR/LF etc.

Vito

[urejeno ob 2008-10-12 09:56]

Thanks for the reply. I think there were 3 possible reasons foor my problems:

1. I was working on a flash drive and for some reason my computer sometimes does not recognize the flash drive for a few seconds then re-recognizes it and sometimes assigns it a slightly different name ("H drive" or "flash drive (H)").

2. I used to have only one user account on the computer, then I changed it to two, with different names, and for some reason in some files it keeps the old user account name.

3. Corrupt trados8.dot and normal.dot files.

I deleted the normal.dot file and moved trados8.dot, I re-started the computer, and I started over working from the C drive.

I was then able to use Systrans to translate files and then use Winalign to align the source files and Systrans-translated files and output a tmx file that I could import with Workbench.

My computer is still screwy, I have powerpoint starting up spontaneously. telling me there is a Systrans problem, then crashing, and I have word documents (and rtf files) refusing to cooperate in Systrans, saying they are being used by another program (normal.dot) it seems the last file I have open will not close out completely, so I re-save it,under a different name, then the original file will cooperate.

What a mess... but somehow working.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2007 cannot import tmx files

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs