Mobile menu

Error 31050 "not a translator's workbench 2.x or later database"
Thread poster: D Scully
D Scully
English to French
Oct 11, 2008

I have been using SDL Trados 2007 successfully for several months. Suddenly I was unable to access SDL, but I located a corrupt file and reset it by searching Documents/Administrator/SDL Trados/Localserver.xml and that solved the problem. Now it appears that my memory is corrupt and I get the error message 31050 "not a translator's workbench 2.x or later database". How can I re-establish the pre-existing translation memory? Please note, I am able to create a new translation memory but I notice a message that it is "opened exclusively". Is this correct? Please let me know if you need further technical details in order to assist.

Thanks in advance for any help on this issue.

Direct link Reply with quote

Vito Smolej
Germany
Local time: 21:30
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
"TM Opened exclusively" Oct 12, 2008

it appears that my memory is corrupt and I get the error message 31050 "not a translator's workbench 2.x or later database". How can I re-establish the pre-existing translation memory?
Is there no way to recreate it from scratch, i.e. by importing its exported contents (TXT, or TMX) and/or by pretranslation of texts? My experience is that with some luck 90% can be reconstituted this way and 10% then by picking up bits and pieces.
it is "opened exclusively".
that is a standard situation for single user environment.

What I would assume, is that the screwup with Localserver.xml also left traces on the TM. Have you tried to "File > Reorganise" it? Can you Export it? TM Is essentially a linear structure and if the problem is not at the beginning but somewhere down the line, partial exports are still possible.

D Scully
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
SDL 31050 follow up Oct 12, 2008

Thanks for the prompt reply. I will try your suggestions. At the moment the "Reorganize" option is greyed out. I will see if it reappears when I Export/Import. Will post the results.

D Scully
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
SDL Error 31050 - follow up Oct 13, 2008

Able to export a newly created TM. However, the pre-existing corrupt TM does not permit Export or Reorganize options. These are greyed out. How do I proceed? Please help.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error 31050 "not a translator's workbench 2.x or later database"

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs