Mobile menu

Spelling checker for source (English) language
Thread poster: L10N expert
L10N expert
Local time: 14:35
Japanese to Russian
+ ...
Oct 15, 2008

Does anyone know how can I set the spelling checker for the source language (English). I used Plug ins, but notwithstanding whether I choose Winter Tree Spelling Checker or Word Spelling Checker it provides checking only of the target language. Is it possible to check the source too?

Thank you for your attention to my mail!

Direct link Reply with quote

Tomás Cano Binder, CT  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:35
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Should be possible in Word Oct 15, 2008

Hi Valeriia. I think that you can easily do it in the case of a Word document. As you have the hidden source text (which you can make visible with the paragraph symbol button in the toolbar; let us know if you cannot do it), you can do a Find and Replace in Word.

You should be able to replace hidden text (Edit > Replace; Click "More" button; click Format button>Font>enable the 'Hidden' checkbox) with English language definition (in the Find and Replace dialog box, click the 'Replace with' text box; click Format button>Language>choose the source language; disable the 'Don't check spelling or grammar' checkbox).

When you replace this way, the source, hidden text has a language definition. Now you should be able to run the spellcheck and each language should be checked against its matching dictionary. Give it a try and let us know!

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Spelling checker for source (English) language

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2015
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software.

SDL MultiTerm 2015 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2015 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs