Filters: How do I assign a penalty to ALL users BUT one?
Thread poster: Claudia Alvis

Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 21:46
Partial member
Spanish
+ ...
Oct 18, 2008

Hello,

A client of mine sent me a TM (*.txt) to work in a new project. So I created a new TM and I imported my client's TM and my own TMs. But my TMs have more than one user, so I want to create a filter that will assign a penalty to all users, EXCEPT to my client's. I mean, I don't want to assign a penalty to a one particular user, I want to penalty to be assigned to ALL BUT one user.

Is this possible? If so, how?

Thanks

Claudia

Direct link Reply with quote

Daniel García
English to Spanish
+ ...
Change all user names to Align... Oct 18, 2008

Claudia Alvis wrote:

Hello,

A client of mine sent me a TM (*.txt) to work in a new project. So I created a new TM and I imported my client's TM and my own TMs. But my TMs have more than one user, so I want to create a filter that will assign a penalty to all users, EXCEPT to my client's. I mean, I don't want to assign a penalty to a one particular user, I want to penalty to be assigned to ALL BUT one user.

Is this possible? If so, how?

I think that only the "Align!" and "MT!" users can be penalised.

I would try this, using the Maintenance feature, search and replace all "Created by" and "Modified by" except the one you want to keep to "Align!" or "MT!".

Daniel

Edit:

PS. if you don't want to change the users, you could also add a Text field to all translation units not created by the particular user and then apply filter settings.

[Edited at 2008-10-18 20:23]

Anna Sylvia Villegas Carvallo
Mexico
English to Spanish
Try this Oct 18, 2008

I hope I can explain myself.

You mean you wish to work with your client's TM and "user X" TM only, is that so?

In order to get the "user X" TM, open your large TM (where "user X" is), and:

FILE > EXPORT > Select "Created by" > click ADD > Add "user X" name > Click OK...

...and save as "whatever". Now you have a TM (.txt) with "user X" only.

Create a new TM, and import your client's TM and "whatever"'s. That's it!

Did I make it clear?

Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Partial member
Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
How do I assign a Text Field (an attribute) to all segments? Oct 18, 2008

Thank you Carvallo, but I do want to use all translation units. However, since there are hundreds of 100% matches in my own TMs, I don''t want Trados to see insert those 100% matches automatically--although I do want Trados to automatically insert the 100% matches from my client's TM.

I also prefer to use a single TM, with all the terms (rather than using a secondary TM as the Concordance TM)--I think it'll be faster that way.

Daniel, I don't want to change the name of the user because I want to see who created each TU, but I think you're second idea is exactly what I should do. I'd need to assign an attribute (is that the term?) to all existing TU's in my client's TM; I just don't know how to do that. Filters and definitions are my Achilles Heel of Trados.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Filters: How do I assign a penalty to ALL users BUT one?

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs