Thread poster: Victória Silva
Victória Silva
Portugal
Local time: 02:19
Member (2005)
German to Portuguese
+ ...
Oct 20, 2008

I've recentely changed to Vista and Office 2007.

I've installed Trados 2007 Freelance (build 719), and the installation was successful.
TagEditor works just fine, but the same doesn't apply to Trados Workbench as I get no access to Trados menus within Word. The menu Trados as it appeared under Word 2003 just doesn't exist here.

Is there a reason for this?
Does anyone knows how I can fix that?

Many thanks for your help!

Victória

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 03:19
English
SDL Support Team... Oct 20, 2008

Hi Victória,

We have an article within the SDL knowledge base which should fix this issue. Please read the following article and follow the instructions provided:

http://talisma.sdl.com/article.aspx?article=2086&p=1

I hope this helps.

Many Thanks,

Gareth Powell
SDL Support Team

Victória Silva
Portugal
Member (2005)
German to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Change to Vista and Office 2007 Oct 20, 2008

Hi Gareth,

I've followed the instructions given, but I still haven't been able to fix the whole problem.
I now have the Trados menus/options within Word. However, when I try to open a segment, I get this error message in the Translator's Workbench "end of parapragh not found".

Can you help me on this too?

Regards,

Victória

United Kingdom
English
Try these... Oct 21, 2008

Hi Victória,

There is a few things you can try here:

1. Run the Fix Document command from the Word Trados menu.

2. If the document contains Table of Content or Index fields please read the following article and follow the instructions provided:

http://talisma.sdl.com/article.aspx?article=1563&p=1

3. Check the document for unrecognized tracked changes. If found then accept or reject them.

4. Click on Show/Hide button in Word's toolbar to make all hidden characters visible.
Look at the sentence that produces error 33353 and see if there is a double-dotted line that immediately follows the last word of the sentence. This is the Section Break indicator. It must always be separated from the paragraph by a New Line character; otherwise the end of the paragraph will not be found.

Place your between the paragraph and the dotted line and hit Enter a couple of times.

I hope this helps.

Many Thanks,

Gareth Powell
SDL Support Team

Victória Silva
Portugal
Member (2005)
German to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Change to Vista and Office 2007 Oct 21, 2008

Hello again Gareth,

It didn't help... I keep getting the same error.
Can it be that it has to do with the fact that I have Trados7.dot (from Trados 7.1 build 719) and not Trados8.dot?
Would a Service Pack fix this? In the Support/Download Section, there is a SP2 but it is not meant for the version I have installed on my laptop.

I'm be very grateful for all the help you've been giving me and hope you can help me fixing this.

Victória

SDL Support wrote:

Hi Victória,

There is a few things you can try here:

1. Run the Fix Document command from the Word Trados menu.

2. If the document contains Table of Content or Index fields please read the following article and follow the instructions provided:

http://talisma.sdl.com/article.aspx?article=1563&p=1

3. Check the document for unrecognized tracked changes. If found then accept or reject them.

4. Click on Show/Hide button in Word's toolbar to make all hidden characters visible.
Look at the sentence that produces error 33353 and see if there is a double-dotted line that immediately follows the last word of the sentence. This is the Section Break indicator. It must always be separated from the paragraph by a New Line character; otherwise the end of the paragraph will not be found.

Place your between the paragraph and the dotted line and hit Enter a couple of times.

I hope this helps.

Many Thanks,

Gareth Powell
SDL Support Team

United Kingdom
English
SDL Support Team... Oct 21, 2008

Hello Victória,

Yes, you will need make sure Word 2007 is using the Trados8.dotm template for full functionality.

Please copy the Trados8.dotm template file from:

C:\Program Files\SDL International\T2007\TT\Templates

and paste into:

C:\Users\(Username)\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Startup.

Also delete all other trados templates in this folder.

You will then need to delete the normal.dotm file from the following folder:

C:\Users\(Username)\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates.

I hope this helps.

Many Thanks,

Gareth Powell
SDL Support Team

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
End of paragraph Oct 22, 2008

Press "Enter" at the end of the paragraph in which you get the "End of paragraph not found" message. Then try to re-open the TU.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Change to Vista and Office 2007

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs