Thread poster: Kirsten Nørgaard (X)
Kirsten Nørgaard (X)
Kirsten Nørgaard (X)  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 07:53
Italian to Danish
+ ...
Oct 20, 2008

when I try to "save target as" and also when I want to clean up the document I get this message:

(-2147467259): Unexpected Tag
' has been encountered at Controls
'contentflow id="u12f96",
'paragraph pstyle="NormalParagraphStyle" cstyle="[No character style]" paln="e_cent" flcl="o_uf" ptfs="c_Bold" ptsz="U_15" font="c_Century Gothic"'

I have verified the tags, but the same message comes up just the same and I cannot save a clean text.
I'm rather d
... See more
when I try to "save target as" and also when I want to clean up the document I get this message:

(-2147467259): Unexpected Tag
' has been encountered at Controls
'contentflow id="u12f96",
'paragraph pstyle="NormalParagraphStyle" cstyle="[No character style]" paln="e_cent" flcl="o_uf" ptfs="c_Bold" ptsz="U_15" font="c_Century Gothic"'

I have verified the tags, but the same message comes up just the same and I cannot save a clean text.
I'm rather desperate.
Collapse

jens wencker
jens wencker  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:53
English
+ ...
Problem with "Save Target as" translating an InDesign file with Tag Editor Oct 20, 2008

Hello Kirsten,

This error message is very common when translating an Indesign CS2 or CS3. I have fixed a lot of files with this "contentflow error" coming from a translator.

Problem with Indesign is, taht there is a lot that could screw up the file when opening it in Tag Editor.

Some soft returns may cause issues, Paragraph overrides have to get deleted, symbols such as #, &, will cause problems as well. Usually an Indesign file has to be p
... See more
Hello Kirsten,

This error message is very common when translating an Indesign CS2 or CS3. I have fixed a lot of files with this "contentflow error" coming from a translator.

Problem with Indesign is, taht there is a lot that could screw up the file when opening it in Tag Editor.

Some soft returns may cause issues, Paragraph overrides have to get deleted, symbols such as #, &, will cause problems as well. Usually an Indesign file has to be prepared for translation fixing all this issues.

But maybe you can try the following:

Download the newest hotfix from the Trados webpage.

Create a new ttx file, open up the TM I just updated with the file.

If you use the command "translate to fuzzy", translation from the TM will be entered (if TM is opened in Workbench) in the new created ttx file. It will stop at some segments. When it stops and you hit "translate to fuzzy" again, it will continue, or you will get a message, that tags in the target segment are different. You have to go and fix those tags (they have to be the same tags in the same order as in the source).

After fixing all the tags, save the file and clean up, it should work.

You can also fix the file using the "Content Wizard" of Trados. A little bit awkward to use, but works just as fine.

Best Regards,
Jens
Collapse

Kirsten Nørgaard (X)
Italy
Italian to Danish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you. Oct 21, 2008

I will try those solutions now - hopefully it's not to complicated for me

Thank you for answering so quickly!

Warmest

Kirsten

Kirsten Nørgaard (X)
Italy
Italian to Danish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
But where can I find the hotfix? Oct 21, 2008

The page on SDL isn't there.

Kirsten Nørgaard (X)
Italy
Italian to Danish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Sorry, found it! Oct 21, 2008

Still working on it. Cross fingers....

thanks for your help!

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
SDL Support Team... Oct 21, 2008

Hello Kirsten,

Please see the following article from the SDL knowledge base for the new InDesign CS2/CS3 hotfix:

http://talisma.sdl.com/article.aspx?article=1893&p=1

Once the hotfix is installed, you will need to retranslate the files using the Translate to Fuzzy function (as Jens described earlier).

I hope this helps.

M
... See more
Hello Kirsten,

Please see the following article from the SDL knowledge base for the new InDesign CS2/CS3 hotfix:

http://talisma.sdl.com/article.aspx?article=1893&p=1

Once the hotfix is installed, you will need to retranslate the files using the Translate to Fuzzy function (as Jens described earlier).

I hope this helps.

Many Thanks,

Gareth Powell
SDL Support Team
Collapse

Kirsten Nørgaard (X)
Italy
Italian to Danish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Oct 21, 2008

Thank you. I'm really greatful for your help!
(wating for feedback from the client, but everything seems to work...)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem with "Save Target as" translating InDesign file with Tag Editor

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »