Thread poster: Elena Harleman
Elena Harleman
Elena Harleman  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 10:56
English to Russian
+ ...
Oct 20, 2008

I am getting an error message when trying to convert an Excel file with Multiterm Convert. at step 3/7 "select from the list of available options to convert your terminology data" I choose Microsoft Excell Format and when I press "next" a pop up window appears reading: "Unhandled exception has occurred in a component of your application. If you click Continue, the application will ingnore this error and attempt to continue. an entry with the same kew already exists." I click continue but nothing... See more
I am getting an error message when trying to convert an Excel file with Multiterm Convert. at step 3/7 "select from the list of available options to convert your terminology data" I choose Microsoft Excell Format and when I press "next" a pop up window appears reading: "Unhandled exception has occurred in a component of your application. If you click Continue, the application will ingnore this error and attempt to continue. an entry with the same kew already exists." I click continue but nothing happens, I mean when I try again to go to "next", the same pop up window appears again.
Any idea what it is and how I can repair this?
Thanks in advance,
Elena

[Edited at 2008-10-20 18:56]
Collapse

Marina Soldati
Marina Soldati  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 05:56
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Have a look at this thread Oct 20, 2008

Hi Elena,

Have a look at this thread, it might help, though it didn´t work for me. I had to uninstall and reinstall the whole Trados package (without SP2) so that Multiterm Convert could work.

Regards,
Marina

Elena Harleman
Elena Harleman  Identity Verified
Germany
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Selfregister_desktop.bat Oct 21, 2008

Hi Marina, thanks for your reply. I found a solution which seems to work in SDL Knowledge base (run the file selfregister_desktop.bat in program files/Sdl Trados/multiterm).
Elena

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Self registering... also in this case Oct 21, 2008

Indeed Elena, self registering is Trados' panacea... This happened to me a couple of months ago and re-registering fixed it.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error Message at step 3/7 Multiterm Convert

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »