Trados 2007 Suite: Did anybody attend the webinar? Is it worth the upgrade? Will there be a demo?
Thread poster: Claudia Alvis
Claudia Alvis
Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 10:08
Spanish
+ ...
Oct 20, 2008

I was going to log in to see what's new about it, but I overslept. Anyway, from what I read, the three major things are: TM, new filters and SDL Passolo Essential.

SDL Passolo Essential is actually the only thing that I'm interested about. Has anybody seen how it works or if there's going to be a demo version?

Dr. Birgitte Eggeling
Dr. Birgitte Eggeling  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 17:08
German to Danish
2007 Trados Suite Oct 21, 2008

Dear Claudia,

I did attend the Webinar and it was indeed very good. An Upgrade from 2007 Trados costs 50 Euro. If you have a signed a support the upgrade is free.
"Is it worth upgrading?" Well, it depends on what you want. Passolo is one new tool and the automatic translations is a new tool. There should be a Demo..
Kind regards
Birgitte

Wilmer Brouwer
Wilmer Brouwer
Netherlands
English to Dutch
+ ...
I was also wondering about this Oct 21, 2008

Dr. Birgitte Eggeling wrote:

Dear Claudia,

I did attend the Webinar and it was indeed very good. An Upgrade from 2007 Trados costs 50 Euro. If you have a signed a support the upgrade is free.
"Is it worth upgrading?" Well, it depends on what you want. Passolo is one new tool and the automatic translations is a new tool. There should be a Demo..
Kind regards
Birgitte

When I looked a few days ago I couldn't find anything on the SDL website about this new version of Trados. I already have a free version of Passolo so I am not sure that it will be worth upgrading. If anyone finds a website with more information I would certainly be interested.

Dr. Birgitte Eggeling
Dr. Birgitte Eggeling  Identity Verified
Germany
German to Danish
Link Oct 21, 2008

The the downloads for the new Suite will not be available until the last week of October when the software will be made available, I was told.
As to the Trados Suite here is a link:

http://www.translationzone.com/de/landing/sdl-trados-2007-suite-prelaunch.asp

Best regards
Birgitte

Carsten Behrend
Carsten Behrend  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Not much information Oct 21, 2008

Wilmer Brouwer wrote:

If anyone finds a website with more information I would certainly be interested.

There is not much information on the internet about the new SDL Trados 2007 Suite. I found only this:

http://www.translationzone.com/en/landing/sdl-trados-2007-suite-prelaunch.asp

Carsten

[Edited at 2008-10-21 08:11]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2007 Suite: Did anybody attend the webinar? Is it worth the upgrade? Will there be a demo?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »