https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/118553-problems_cleaning_up_ttx_cant_convert_back_to_excel.html

Problems cleaning up TTX - can't convert back to Excel
Thread poster: Translavic
Translavic
Translavic
Netherlands
Local time: 21:57
English to Bosnian
+ ...
Oct 21, 2008

We have a problem cleaning up a TTX file. The source file was Excel, but conversion back to Excel seems to be impossible. The contents of the TTX are cleaned into the TM though.

The source file contains 18 tabs, with several hyperlinks, referring to other tabs within the file. The cleanup log says the following:

(-2147467259): Document structure error:
'Canadian Table of content'!A1 from Cell: "VENDOR TO COMPLETE" does not exist in workbook.
Please check i
... See more
We have a problem cleaning up a TTX file. The source file was Excel, but conversion back to Excel seems to be impossible. The contents of the TTX are cleaned into the TM though.

The source file contains 18 tabs, with several hyperlinks, referring to other tabs within the file. The cleanup log says the following:

(-2147467259): Document structure error:
'Canadian Table of content'!A1 from Cell: "VENDOR TO COMPLETE" does not exist in workbook.
Please check if the structure of TRADOSTag document or workbook was changed.
File skipped!

We searched the Excel file, but didn't find this 'Canadian Table of content'. The mentioned cell "VENDOR TO COMPLETE" does not seem to have anything specific or strange. Maybe the error is caused by some 'hidden' information in the file.

The tags were checked in TTX by running generic tag verifier - no errors.

All ideas or recommendations are welcome. Many thanks in advance for your support.

Rianke Lubberding
Collapse

Lorenzo Cordini
Lorenzo Cordini
English
One thing I would try Oct 21, 2008

Create a new TTX file from the Excel document in English and have it pre-translated in Workbech (all translated text should be in your TM as you wrote) and see if this new file can be eventually converted back to the Excel format.

Translavic
Translavic
Netherlands
English to Bosnian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problems cleaning up TTX - can't convert back to Excel Oct 21, 2008

Thank you for this suggestion, but unfortunately this does not help. We've tried creating a new TTX several times, also after removing the links from the Excel file and other items that we think could disturb the cleaning up, but the problem remains. It looks like there is something else (not visible to us) in the source Excel file structure that prevents a correct cleanup. I'm very curious for example about the table of contents that is mentioned in the error message, but we just can't find it ... See more
Thank you for this suggestion, but unfortunately this does not help. We've tried creating a new TTX several times, also after removing the links from the Excel file and other items that we think could disturb the cleaning up, but the problem remains. It looks like there is something else (not visible to us) in the source Excel file structure that prevents a correct cleanup. I'm very curious for example about the table of contents that is mentioned in the error message, but we just can't find it in the Excel file.Collapse

Translavic
Translavic
Netherlands
English to Bosnian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problems cleaning up TTX - can't convert back to Excel - issue 'solved' Oct 21, 2008

Hello,

We solved the issue eventually by pretranslating all tabs separately, and in this way we discovered that one tab contained some hyperlinks that were not working properly in the source Excel file already. We will put back all separately translated Excel tabs together as soon as we're done with that, and will adjust the translations of the hyperlinks manually then. I guess there's not a nicer way to fix this issue, but I'm glad we've found a work-around now.

Kind r
... See more
Hello,

We solved the issue eventually by pretranslating all tabs separately, and in this way we discovered that one tab contained some hyperlinks that were not working properly in the source Excel file already. We will put back all separately translated Excel tabs together as soon as we're done with that, and will adjust the translations of the hyperlinks manually then. I guess there's not a nicer way to fix this issue, but I'm glad we've found a work-around now.

Kind regards,
Rianke Lubberding
Collapse

Lorenzo Cordini
Lorenzo Cordini
English
Does the English TTX convert? Oct 21, 2008

Is it possible to convert the untranslated English TTX back to Excel? Could there be empty sheets that it would be better to remove before opening the Excel file in TagEditor. I suppose you have already tried this but just in case...

[Edited at 2008-10-21 12:26]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problems cleaning up TTX - can't convert back to Excel

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »