Thread poster: Lise Lotte Castberg
Lise Lotte Castberg
Lise Lotte Castberg  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:00
Danish to Spanish
+ ...
Oct 21, 2008

Hello,

I have a problem with workbench, Trados 7, and word. Some sets of translation (blue and yellow windows) get stuck and will not close. I can continue to translate perfectly well but this one set will stay open. Fix the document does not help. What can I do?

Thank you in advance.

Vito Smolej
Vito Smolej
Germany
Local time: 14:00
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
one way to proceed ... Oct 21, 2008

I can continue to translate perfectly well but this one set will stay open. Fix the document does not help. What can I do?

...would be to start with a new source file and pretranslate it with TWB. If the questionable sentences will be left untranslated, you can translate them again.

The alternative is playing around with Trados tags ({0> etc) but it is not easy. I would guess that in one of those colored segments somehow a hard return got inserted within those limiting tags and Trados definitely does not like it. But as I said, to start with a pretranslation of a fresh source file is no bother and easy to do.

regards

Vito

Lise Lotte Castberg
Lise Lotte Castberg  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:00
Danish to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you very much Oct 21, 2008

You have saved my day!

regards,
Lise

psicutrinius
psicutrinius  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2008)
Spanish to English
+ ...
What if the yellow background remains... Oct 22, 2008

...in word after forcing a cleanup and getting the final translated document?. I can't find a way out within word itself

Stanislav Pokorny
Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
Use styles Oct 22, 2008

psicutrinius wrote:

...in word after forcing a cleanup and getting the final translated document?. I can't find a way out within word itself

You can use Word styles to remove it (select Normal from the drop-down list).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

The blue and yellow windows cannot close in word using workbench

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »