Mobile menu

Concurrently Using Trados 6.5 and Trados 2007 Professional
Thread poster: isitrans
Local time: 09:58
English to Spanish
+ ...
Oct 22, 2008

I had Trados 6.5 LSP and recently added Trados 2007 Professional. I think I have a problem setting up the license manager so that both versions can be used by Project Managers at my company. Each license has a different name and is listed in the Flex License Manager. However, PM are having trouble using the Trados 2007 and get it open in demo mode only. When go to the license manager inside Synergy or WB and test the license, it works in Synergy but in Workbench it says cannot find a license (even though I am pointing to the 2007 license.doc.)

I've uninstalled, contacted installation support, returned and re-generated a new license file, no success. I'm in the process of setting up a new PC so maybe it will work with a clean SDL install (instead of over 6.5) I don't even care if both versions can't be on the same computer.

I just need to know how to set up the Flexlicense mananger. (i installed the new version, 9)

PS I also tried the option of 27000@server which works for the 6.5 but not the 2007.

Thanks for any help or ideas.

ISI Translations

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Concurrently Using Trados 6.5 and Trados 2007 Professional

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados PDF Translation
Fast and Reliable PDF Translation - reduce your workload while maintaining quality

Unlock the potential of PDFs, taking your original PDF, replacing the text with your translations from your preferred tools and in minutes, get a high quality, ready-to-use, translated PDF. Try it now - your first 50 pages are free.

More info »
Translators like you are producing higher quality translations faster with Lilt!

After years of research at Stanford University, Lilt has introduced a revolutionary new tool that will change the way you translate. Lilt learns how you translate to give you more personalized suggestions. Be more productive today! Use it FOR FREE!

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs