Mobile menu

Trados buttons disaapered!
Thread poster: humbird
Oct 23, 2008

I use SDL Trados 2007.
This morning, like any other work-a-day, I opened TM (Workbench, that is) and Word file I am to work on. Then I noticed all these buttons ("open/get", "open next" .... that stuff) are not there!
In its stead, there is a small word "wordfast" at the end of "File", "Edit" "Tool" etc. line. This supposed to say "Trados".

I downloaded Wordfast trial version but never mobilied (used). It appears Wordfast took over my CAT function. I don't know how it could have happened, nor what I did to cause this.
Trados working fine when I shut cown my machine last night.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Direct link Reply with quote

Luisa Ramos, CT  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 06:20
Member (2004)
English to Spanish
Word - Tools - Templates & Add-ins - Check TRADOS toolbar Oct 23, 2008

Hopefully, voilá!

Worked like a charm! Oct 23, 2008

Yes, Viola! Thank you Louisa,

Little knowledge goes a long way, ideed.
However, I am still puzzled what was the cause to this to occur.

[Edited at 2008-10-23 18:52]

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 12:20
English to Czech
+ ...
Search Oct 23, 2008

Hi humbird,
this topic has been discussed hundreds of times in this forum. Please search it for "trados toolbar".

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados buttons disaapered!

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs