https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/118924-sdl_trados_2007_suite_available.html

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >
SDL Trados 2007 Suite available
Thread poster: Stanislav Pokorny
Stanislav Pokorny
Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 08:34
English to Czech
+ ...
Oct 25, 2008

Hi everybody,
the SDL Trados 2007 Suite is already available for download for those who have purchased the upgrade from SDL Trados 2007.
The release date is 28-Oct-2008 (:)) and the patch file is available for download from the "Archived updates" section.

Just for info...

Vito Smolej
Vito Smolej
Germany
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Your first hand experience? Oct 25, 2008

...and the patch file is available for download from the "Archived updates" section.

I paid up front, but had no time so far to take out my toolbox and start screwing around with my working system. What we probably have here is just a neat, common-sense service-pack level step - am I correct? Sell it to us, Stanislav (g)!

[urejeno ob 2008-10-25 19:30]

Stanislav Pokorny
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Not a service pack, not a major release... Oct 25, 2008

There are some patches, one beta feature, and Passolo 2007 Essential. Of course, "Set/Close/Open Previous segment" is still not there...

BTW, no screwing up your system, the update installation is OK.

[Upraveno: 2008-10-25 22:28]

Yuriy Vassilenko
Yuriy Vassilenko  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 09:34
English to Russian
MS C++ runtime error in Workbench Oct 26, 2008

Stanislav Pokorny wrote:

Hi everybody,
the SDL Trados 2007 Suite is already available for download for those who have purchased the upgrade from SDL Trados 2007.
The release date is 28-Oct-2008 (:)) and the patch file is available for download from the "Archived updates" section.

Just for info...

It has Subj on file cleaning (.doc). But 7.5 CP2 works well.

[Редактировалось 2008-10-26 08:40]

[Редактировалось 2008-10-26 09:51]

Stanislav Pokorny
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Working fine Oct 26, 2008

Hi Yuriy,
it's working fine for me. What are your Word security settings? They should be set to "medium" but I recommend "low" for Trados purposes.
Is Trados among your VBA trusted projects?
What is your Word version anyway?

Yuriy Vassilenko
Yuriy Vassilenko  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
English to Russian
Not solved Oct 26, 2008

This error appearing in TW4Win.exe. Only for this .doc file. But (repeat again) 7.5 CP2 works well with it.

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Do you mean 2009? Oct 26, 2008

Is SDL Trados selling some version 2007 as new? And I thought I was the last who updated when I bought it in January this year 2008.

Stanislav Pokorny
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Upgrade on 863 Oct 26, 2008

Heinrich Pesch wrote:

Is SDL Trados selling some version 2007 as new? And I thought I was the last who updated when I bought it in January this year 2008.

Hi Heinrich,
if you have 2007 (v. 8.xx), you will get this update at 50 Euros. Just visit translationzone.com and click on their Flash banner SDL Trados 2007 Suite.

Selcuk Akyuz
Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Türkiye
English to Turkish
+ ...
5 new file types Oct 26, 2008

http://www.translationzone.com/en/landing/sdl-trados-2007-suite-faq.asp

NEW! Prepare yourself for 2009 with additional file filter support
The most extensive file filter framework in the industry has been extended with enhancements and 5 new file types

Any info on this? What are these 5 new file types?

NEW! Incorporated visual software translation
Translate software graphic user interfaces (GUIs) in a visual translation environment based on SDL Passolo technology

Hope this is not the free SDL Passolo 2007 Translator Edition included in the package.

And that automated translation, what is it, machine translation??

Stanislav Pokorny
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Was just for info Oct 26, 2008

Hi Selcuk,
I'm not a Trados representative; all I wanted to do is to inform the PROZ community about availability of the product before SDL Intl. send their newsletters.

AFAIK, the Passolo Essential enables creating localization projects, but has limited plug-in possibilities, i. e. no Across support etc. You can "only" use it with Workbench, no other CAT systems. But this should be basically enough. I'm glad to have it.

Marie-Louise Desfray (X)
Marie-Louise Desfray (X)  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
automated translation and SDL Passolo Essential Oct 27, 2008

Selcuk,

I saw the webinar, and the automated translation is indeed machine translation. The way it works is that you can define SDL free translation http://www.freetranslation.com/ as a secondary TM. If there's no match from the regular TM, the MT will be used and will show a low match percentage. (Note: this is merely an explanation and is not intended to start a thread on the usefulness or
... See more
Selcuk,

I saw the webinar, and the automated translation is indeed machine translation. The way it works is that you can define SDL free translation http://www.freetranslation.com/ as a secondary TM. If there's no match from the regular TM, the MT will be used and will show a low match percentage. (Note: this is merely an explanation and is not intended to start a thread on the usefulness or lack thereof of MT).

As for new formats supported, this suite supports the Office2007 formats as well as InDesign CS3 (I was under the impression that was also supported by Trados 2007 SP2)

BTW, the low cost upgrade (50€ or 45€ via the Web) is valid until the end of this month.

Anyone could provide info/comparison between SDL Passolo Essential as integrated in this new SDL Trados Edition, and the free Passolo Freelance edition?

Thank you.
/ml
Collapse

Stanislav Pokorny
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Formats + Passolo Oct 27, 2008

Hi Marie-Louise, just to reply briefly:

As for new formats supported, this suite supports the Office2007 formats as well as InDesign CS3 (I was under the impression that was also supported by Trados 2007 SP2).

Office 2007 file formats have been supported by all Trados 2007 versions (i. e. by builds 8.xx).

Anyone could provide info/comparison between SDL Passolo Essential as integrated in this new SDL Trados Edition, and the free Passolo Freelance edition?

The older Passolo Freelance was designed to be only an editor, i. e. you could not use it to create new l10n projects. You can with Passolo Essential.

Tomasz Sieniuć
Tomasz Sieniuć  Identity Verified
Poland
German to Polish
+ ...
SDL Passolo Essential Oct 27, 2008

Marie-Louise Desfray wrote:

http://www.passolo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1624&sid=d6e4c11ae0f7b6a43602f619fb5b776f

Best regards
Tomek

Marie-Louise Desfray (X)
Marie-Louise Desfray (X)  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
Thanks Oct 27, 2008

Thank you for the info.

Cordialement,
/ml

Edric Barbosa Filho
Edric Barbosa Filho
Local time: 03:34
English to Portuguese
Not in "My Downloads" or "Archived"... Oct 27, 2008

Funny, I can't find it there, or in any "My Downloads"/ "Archived Product Updates" page...

Well, it must be on the way...

Tks

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados 2007 Suite available

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »