Robohelp 7 and Trados
Thread poster: Laura Porcelli
Laura Porcelli
Laura Porcelli
Local time: 21:03
Oct 28, 2008

HI,
I am trying to figure out how to translate a Robohelp 7 project with Trados.
I was wondering if there is documentation or articles on how the two software interact and the steps for translation.
Also, i have been told that html files from an ungenerated robohelp set of files cannot be translated directly into Trados as normal HTML files. Is that the case?
Any info is greatly appreciated.
Thanks!!
Laura

Stanislav Pokorny
Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 03:03
English to Czech
+ ...
No problem Oct 28, 2008

Hi Laura,
Robohelp projects (uncompiled) consist of three file types:
- HTML
- HHC
- HHK

Trados can open and process all of them in TagEditor. Simply launch TE and use it to open the corresponding HTML, HHC and HHK files.

Laura Porcelli
Laura Porcelli
Local time: 21:03
TOPIC STARTER
Tags, post translation steps? Oct 28, 2008

Hi Stanislav,
Thanks so much for the prompt reply.

So basically the core files that need to be translated are the ones you mentioned below. Right?

When translation is done, do those files need to be reimported into Robohelp? Is there a procedure? Does it need to be done on a native OS for it to display correctly?

Also, is there any way to translate the project without robohelp and without Trados? I am asking because I would like to know If I can
... See more
Hi Stanislav,
Thanks so much for the prompt reply.

So basically the core files that need to be translated are the ones you mentioned below. Right?

When translation is done, do those files need to be reimported into Robohelp? Is there a procedure? Does it need to be done on a native OS for it to display correctly?

Also, is there any way to translate the project without robohelp and without Trados? I am asking because I would like to know If I can treat the robohelp files as raw Html or if robohelp, even if the project is not compiled, does insert specific tags in the files.

This is because I have in-country reviewers that need to make changes to the final files but they don't have neither of the softwares.

Thanks!

Laura
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Robohelp 7 and Trados

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »