(352575064): Can't process RTF format
Thread poster: TTGroup
TTGroup
TTGroup
United States
Member (2007)
Oct 30, 2008

I am trying to analyse dozens of 1-page Word files, with NO tables, graphics, weird formatting or Track Changes on - just straight text and I get the "(352575064): Can't process RTF format" message...

I have tried to manually save a couple of the files as RTF, but the same thing still happens.

I am using:
Trados 7.5.0.756 (build 756).
Windows XP with Word Vista (although the Word files are saved as .doc and not .docx).

I have never had this is
... See more
I am trying to analyse dozens of 1-page Word files, with NO tables, graphics, weird formatting or Track Changes on - just straight text and I get the "(352575064): Can't process RTF format" message...

I have tried to manually save a couple of the files as RTF, but the same thing still happens.

I am using:
Trados 7.5.0.756 (build 756).
Windows XP with Word Vista (although the Word files are saved as .doc and not .docx).

I have never had this issue before, but I recently got a new laptop and have re-installed Trados on there.

I have just been reading all the posts about this issue on the Proz and Trados forums and none of the suggestions help me...

Can anyone help?
Collapse

Spiros Doikas
Spiros Doikas  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:53
Member (2002)
English to Greek
+ ...
Try restarting your machine Oct 30, 2008

And if the problem persists, see here:

... See more
And if the problem persists, see here:

http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/49653-352575064_cant_process_rtf_format_when_select_translateor_analyse-.html

http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/26130-error_352533424:_cant_process_rtf_format-.html

[Edited at 2008-10-30 17:59]
Collapse

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 07:53
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Compatibillity issue Oct 30, 2008

As you have Word 2007 (you called it Vista), and SDL Trados needs rtf to process the analyse, the file is sent in the background to Word, which produces rtf - but your version is not compatible with this rtf. Nothing to do with the formatting within the file, but just the version of Word. Go and process the file as ttx. In Workbench go to Options - Translation Memory Options and chose Toosl. There check the "TRADOStag XML workflow for Word doc files" option.

TTGroup
TTGroup
United States
Member (2007)
TOPIC STARTER
(352575064): Can't process RTF format Oct 31, 2008

Thanks Jerzy - it worked!!!
I really appreciate your help with this!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

(352575064): Can't process RTF format

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »