Mobile menu

Translator's Workbench does not open -error message "...Translator's Workbench will now close
Thread poster: Estefanía González

Estefanía González  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:04
English to Spanish
+ ...
Nov 4, 2008

Hi everyone,

I installed on Friday SDL Trados 2007 (Service Pack 2 - Build 835) on my PC (Windows XP, Service Pack 3). On Friday everything looked fine (the activation of the license on line worked) and I opened a couple of TM’s in my PC to see if the program worked and it did.

However, as soon as I tried to open Tag Editor (which didn't work, since Tag editor wasn't able to be launched) Workbench stopped working.

Every time I have tried to launch Workbench, I receive the following error:

"Trados has found a problem. Translator's Workbench will now close"

And also Tag Editor:

"Tag Editor has found a problem. Tag Editor will now close"

The license manager can’t be launched either.

I have tried to register Trados with all the applications closed, the repair function and even uninstalled and re-installed the program (with the firewall off)... unsuccessfully...

Can you please help?

Kind regards,

PS. I use MS Office 2007

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translator's Workbench does not open -error message "...Translator's Workbench will now close

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs