Thread poster: Mariana Roth

Mariana Roth
Germany
Local time: 03:21
German to Romanian
+ ...
Nov 6, 2008

Dear all,

I got a message this week informing me about the possibility to download SDL Trados 2007 Suite. As I bought SDL Trados 2007 after 1st September 2008, I got a free upgrade of SDL Trados 2007 Suite.

Now I tried to install the free upgrade and got following error message: "SDLX 2007 (Build 7044) and SDL Passolo Essential could not be installed". These two components require updating, but everytime I click the button "Click update to begin setup", I get the error message "Failed to install".

My question: Is SDL Trados compatible with Vista? Does someone else have the same problem? How did you solve it?

Thank you for your help.

Mariana

Direct link Reply with quote

Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 21:21
Partial member
Spanish
+ ...
Download it again Nov 6, 2008

I got a similar problem and it turned out that Firefox hadn't download the installation properly, I downloaded it again and now everything works.

Mariana Roth
Germany
Local time: 03:21
German to Romanian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It worked! Nov 6, 2008

Wonderful! It worked!

Thank you, Claudia.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Installation of SDLX 2007 and SDL Passolo Essential failed

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs