Thread poster: Natalia Tomas
Natalia Tomas
Natalia Tomas  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:56
English to Spanish
+ ...
Nov 7, 2008

I have recently bought and downloaded Trados 2007, but when starting to use the Workbench, it appears as if I had downloaded Multiterm 5 instead of Multiterm7 in the Options window.
Another problem is that Multiterm templates do not appear in Word documents. I look for Trados templates manually and can select them until they appear in the document, but something seems to be wrong with Multiterm as I don´t see the option to open Multiterm templates.
I kmow there must be a simple so
... See more
I have recently bought and downloaded Trados 2007, but when starting to use the Workbench, it appears as if I had downloaded Multiterm 5 instead of Multiterm7 in the Options window.
Another problem is that Multiterm templates do not appear in Word documents. I look for Trados templates manually and can select them until they appear in the document, but something seems to be wrong with Multiterm as I don´t see the option to open Multiterm templates.
I kmow there must be a simple solution for this, please heeelp!!
Collapse

Adam Warren
Adam Warren  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 17:56
Member (2005)
French to English
Multiterm: some material to contribute to an answer Nov 28, 2008

Natalia Tomas wrote:

Hullo Natalia,

I can't say for certain, but if you haven't yet any termbases, you may need to reset the MTMaster*.mdb file; go to the SDL Trados support page for details - it's rather tricky to handle and you should print out the page with the relevant instructions before attempting anything:

The Trados home page is:
http://www.trados.com/

You may need to open a user account before accessing this:

http://talisma.sdl.com/display/2n/index.aspx?c=&cpc=&cid=&cat=&catURL=&r=0.864524900913239

I am finding SDL Trados decreasingly well-stocked with answers, though.

A Trados user group exists, but I haven't investigated it:

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/tw_users/

I hope this may contribute to an answer.

Adam ("IanDhu")

[Edited at 2008-11-28 10:00 GMT]

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 17:56
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Did you download Multiterm with your Trados software? Nov 28, 2008

If so, it is Multiterm 7, as 5 is not available for download anymore.
If you can only chose MT 5 in Workbench, so your MT installation was not performed correctly. You need to reinstall and register (go to C:\program files\SDL International\MultiTerm 2007\#_SelfRegister_Desktop.bat and double click it) Multiterm.

As for Word - please check, if both Trados8.dot MultiTerm7.dot are in Word startup folder.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados-Multiterm problems

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »