Thread poster: Mervyn Henderson

Mervyn Henderson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 05:03
Spanish to English
+ ...
Nov 11, 2008

Hi,

I have gone back to basics to install Trados on a new computer. I know I have all the info to put Trados in again, but as far as I can see you first have to go to https://trados.subscribenet.com, but this appears not to exist any more. Even their web page doesn't seem to lead to anything conclusive. What am I missing here?

Mervyn

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Approximately 2 or even 3 years Nov 11, 2008

Now there is no Trados as company and no such webpage.
What you need is to go to www.sdl.com and ztry to login to your account - should be the same, as previously. Otherwise you will need to contact SDL.
Don't you have the downloaded software saved somwhere on your HDD? This would be first what I would do and what I suppose any of us would do. After purchasing a software and downloading it from the Internet make a backup copy of it for the future...

Mervyn Henderson  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I suspected ... Nov 11, 2008

... as much, but never really had to think about it until now. Thanks Jerzy. Yes, I do have all the gen, but I just needed the starting point.

Mervyn

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Installing Trados 7 on another computer

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs