https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/120418-problem_changing_attributes_bold_underline_in_fuzzy_matches.html

Problem changing attributes (bold / underline) in fuzzy matches
Thread poster: Daniel Isaacs
Daniel Isaacs
Daniel Isaacs
Local time: 14:55
Hebrew to English
Nov 12, 2008

Hi there,

Working with SDL Trados 2007 (build 835), Word 2003, but this is a problem I've been having since Trados 5.

Language pair is Hebrew into English (though this shouldn't really matter)

If a fuzzy match brings up a segment that it partially formatted with bold or underlining, and that is all that needs to be changed for the new match, when I remove the formatting by highlighting and clicking the appropriate option in word, upon set-close the change i
... See more
Hi there,

Working with SDL Trados 2007 (build 835), Word 2003, but this is a problem I've been having since Trados 5.

Language pair is Hebrew into English (though this shouldn't really matter)

If a fuzzy match brings up a segment that it partially formatted with bold or underlining, and that is all that needs to be changed for the new match, when I remove the formatting by highlighting and clicking the appropriate option in word, upon set-close the change is not registered, and the text appears with the original formatting. If I then try to change it manually, outside of the colored fields (i.e., between the magenta tags, but not as an 'open' segment), it registers until I translate the next segment, at which point it reverts to the previous formatting once again.

Is there any reliable way of changing formatting in this kind of case? It's driving me mildly up the wall ...

Many thanks in advance,

Daniel
Collapse

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Strange Nov 12, 2008

I have never had such a problem. What version of Word are you using? Do you use the default settings in Trados Workbench?
Tageditor would probably help you out, until you can resolve the glitch.
Regards
Heinrich

Daniel Isaacs
Daniel Isaacs
Hebrew to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Nov 12, 2008

Thanks Heinrich.

Using Word 2003 and to the best of my knowledge, default settings in Workbench. I would work in TagEditor except that I don't like the way all of my 100% matches become fuzzy because of apparent 'tags' that TagEditor picks up, which makes working with an 8 year old TM very slow and inefficient (and rather defeats the purpose of using Trados in the first place). Also, TagEditor (which I use for PPT and XLS docs) has a nasty habit of crashing on me.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem changing attributes (bold / underline) in fuzzy matches

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »