How to Merge in to one diferent translation memorys?
Thread poster: Eneja Mushi
Eneja Mushi
Eneja Mushi
United States
Local time: 19:42
English to Albanian
Nov 13, 2008

Hi every body,

I have a problem and i hope somebody can help me!

Description:
I started translating in trados 2007 last week, before that i had already translated about 100 pages in word document. i started aligning te my previous work with the intension to make use of my previour translated work. I can align and create new translation memorys for each of my work with no problem, but i am trying to merge all my translation memorys into one.

Question:
... See more
Hi every body,

I have a problem and i hope somebody can help me!

Description:
I started translating in trados 2007 last week, before that i had already translated about 100 pages in word document. i started aligning te my previous work with the intension to make use of my previour translated work. I can align and create new translation memorys for each of my work with no problem, but i am trying to merge all my translation memorys into one.

Question:
Can anyone, tell me how to merge all translation memories into one.?
Can i use an existing memory, and add on to it? (how?)

Thank you for your help
Best regards Enea Mushi
Collapse

Attila Piróth
Attila Piróth  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 01:42
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Export, then import Nov 13, 2008

You can export the TM, and then import the exported file into the other TM. Both can be found under "File" in Workbench.
If more complex manipulations are needed, you may need to take a look at Olifant or another TM editor.
Attila

Vito Smolej
Vito Smolej
Germany
Local time: 01:42
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
hint ... Nov 13, 2008

Attila told it more all or less. I would just tag every individual export before melding them all together. This way you can still tell where some segment is coming from.

Regards

Vito

Colin lee
Colin lee
Local time: 07:42
Chinese
Export, and Import Nov 13, 2008

Export your TM to be .txt file. And Import them to one TM.

or edit .txt exported. delete the part of head for every txt. and merge content to be one .txt file manually.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to Merge in to one diferent translation memorys?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »