Mobile menu

How to Merge in to one diferent translation memorys?
Thread poster: eneja mushi

eneja mushi
United States
English to Albanian
Nov 13, 2008

Hi every body,

I have a problem and i hope somebody can help me!

I started translating in trados 2007 last week, before that i had already translated about 100 pages in word document. i started aligning te my previous work with the intension to make use of my previour translated work. I can align and create new translation memorys for each of my work with no problem, but i am trying to merge all my translation memorys into one.

Can anyone, tell me how to merge all translation memories into one.?
Can i use an existing memory, and add on to it? (how?)

Thank you for your help
Best regards Enea Mushi

Direct link Reply with quote

Attila Piróth  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:57
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Export, then import Nov 13, 2008

You can export the TM, and then import the exported file into the other TM. Both can be found under "File" in Workbench.
If more complex manipulations are needed, you may need to take a look at Olifant or another TM editor.

Vito Smolej
Local time: 03:57
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
hint ... Nov 13, 2008

Attila told it more all or less. I would just tag every individual export before melding them all together. This way you can still tell where some segment is coming from.

Colin lee
Local time: 09:57
Export, and Import Nov 13, 2008

Export your TM to be .txt file. And Import them to one TM.

or edit .txt exported. delete the part of head for every txt. and merge content to be one .txt file manually.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to Merge in to one diferent translation memorys?

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs