TTX file (Trados)
Thread poster: Cristina Bolohan

Cristina Bolohan  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:43
Member (2008)
English to Romanian
+ ...
Nov 13, 2008

I have to translate a .doc file and send back a .ttx file. I use SDL Trados 2007 and Microsoft Word 2003. How can I do this?

Thank you.

[Edited at 2008-11-13 18:55]

Direct link Reply with quote

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 23:43
English to Czech
+ ...
Read the manual Nov 13, 2008

Hi Christina,
if you are new to Trados, I strongly suggest that you read the basic parts of the manual before taking your first jobs.

But to help you:
1) If you get a TTX from your client, simply open the file in TagEditor and translate it there. Then save it and deliver to your client.

2) If you get a different file format, open it from within TagEditor, then use the File > Save Bilingual As command. This will create a TTX file you are going to translate and deliver to your client.

Daniel García
English to Spanish
+ ...
Check the documentation Nov 13, 2008

Cristina Bolohan wrote:

I use SDL Trados 2007 and Microsoft Word 2003 and I am requested to do a translation in "*.TTX" / uncleaned file format. How can I do this?

Thank you.

Well, a good starting point would a manual called "File Format Reference Guide".

It's part of the Trados installation.

There you should find a description explaining how to translate Word files with TagEditor and deliver a bilingual TTX file.

Basically, follow these steps:

1. Open the Doc file with TagEditor.
2. Save as bilingual file (this will create a TTX).
3. Translate the file.

However, have a look at the document I mentioned above for the full story.

Good luck!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TTX file (Trados)

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Want to earn more in your spare time? Monetize your knowledge!

Do you speak one or more foreign languages? Fluency in target language + willingness & ability to help people in everyday situations could earn you $45 / hour. Download “Quiick Angel” app & become a guardian angel today

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs