MultiTerm 7.5: .xls date properties not handled correctly?
Thread poster: Alexandra Davidson
Alexandra Davidson
Alexandra Davidson
Local time: 06:16
English to German
+ ...
Nov 17, 2008

Hi all,

I work with MultiTerm 7.5.0.444 (Build 448) on Windows XP.

I am trying the following:

- I received an .xls file from my client containing a term list in different languages. This file includes the responsible author at the client's, the status of the term and the date this status was assigned to it. The date field is formatted as such in .xls, i.e. the cell properties are set to "Date".
- I want to import this into MultiTerm and have created a
... See more
Hi all,

I work with MultiTerm 7.5.0.444 (Build 448) on Windows XP.

I am trying the following:

- I received an .xls file from my client containing a term list in different languages. This file includes the responsible author at the client's, the status of the term and the date this status was assigned to it. The date field is formatted as such in .xls, i.e. the cell properties are set to "Date".
- I want to import this into MultiTerm and have created a termbank definition accordingly.

Everything imports fine, except for the date field. It converts to some unrecognizable number that has nothing to do with my original date/date format anymore. When looking at the .xml file, I can see that this is already happening there too.

Is this perhaps a limitation of the MultiTerm .xml conversion in that it only handles .xls cells that are set to "standard"? Or at least not to "date"?

(In case you are asking why I need this date field in my .mdb: I want to be able to track as to when the client released certains terms, and the entry ID/creation date is not good enough.)

Thanks for any information you might have,
Alexandra
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MultiTerm 7.5: .xls date properties not handled correctly?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »