Opening and using old termbases in SDL Trados 2007
Thread poster: Elena Campana
Elena Campana  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 18:43
English to Italian
+ ...
Nov 19, 2008

Since I upgraded from Trados 6.5 to SDL Trados 2007 I am not able to open and use my old termbases although I did checked the option that I had old termbases when installing Multiterm.
I do see my termbases in Multiterm but a massage is displayed when I try to open any one of them by checking it.
Does anyone know what is wrong and what do I have to do to recover my glossaries?
Thank you for your help.

Direct link Reply with quote

Sandra& Kenneth  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 19:43
Member (2009)
French to English
+ ...
Convert tutorial Nov 19, 2008

Hi Elena

You probably had Multiterm 5. Your termbases need to be converted to Multiterm 2007.
The Convert tutorial should help.
HTH,
Sandra

Elena Campana  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 18:43
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Multiterm iX Nov 20, 2008

Thank you Sandra, but I think I had Multiterm iX.
As a matter of fact, I am able to open my termbases (although an error message appears) but they do not work, I am not able to use them nor to add any new terms and I don't see the old ones

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Opening and using old termbases in SDL Trados 2007

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs