Mobile menu

Trados: average units for throughput
Thread poster: rytraducciones

Local time: 12:57
English to Spanish
+ ...
Nov 23, 2008

How do I count the units in text that needs to be transalted using Trados?
I need to complete an application with my average units for throughput (/unit/person)

Direct link Reply with quote

Spiros Doikas  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:57
Member (2002)
English to Greek
+ ...
Units Nov 24, 2008

are a very subjective and text-dependent way of measuring. A unit can be 1 word and it can be 300+ words and anything in between. Hence, try a word count on the specific text, and then analyse the portion of the text (i.e. save it as a new file) you feel comfortable translating (i.e. 2000 words per day). The Trados analysis will give you the number of segments (i.e. units in your case).

[Edited at 2008-11-24 00:42 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados: average units for throughput

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info » PDF Translation
Fast and Reliable PDF Translation - reduce your workload while maintaining quality

Unlock the potential of PDFs, taking your original PDF, replacing the text with your translations from your preferred tools and in minutes, get a high quality, ready-to-use, translated PDF. Try it now - your first 50 pages are free.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs