Mobile menu

Trados 2007 crash
Thread poster: Sally Winch

Sally Winch  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:45
Italian to English
+ ...
Nov 26, 2008

I am completely new to Trados and have a need-to.know knowledge. I have been working on Tageditor with various TMs. My antivirus programme came up with a problem via Internet explorer, which I sorted out and closed down. Then Tageditor came up with an error message and I panicked and overwrote it on my key drive backup, so I now have two unusable files. The translation memory also seems unusable despite both files having the correct amount of bytes. I also can no longer open Trados. It opens then closes itself down.

he error message I get when trying to open the ttx file is:
"Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Program: C:\Programmi\SDL International\T2007_FL\TT\TagEditor.exe
This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information."

Trados instead comes up with the usual error message - in Italian on my computer - asking if I want to tell Microsoft about the problem, which I have. The error ID is
"EventType : clr20r3 P1 : sunergery.exe P2 : 8.2.132.0 P3 : 476717ec P4 : sdl.plugins.tageditorplugins P5 : 1.0.0.0 P6 : 4767f8bf P7 : 37 P8 : 13 P9 : pszqoadhx1u5zahbhohghldgiy4qixhx".

Can anybody help? I fear I may have lost 2 weeks of work, not to speak of my best client and my will to live.............

Direct link Reply with quote

Vito Smolej
Germany
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
make a backup of your (doc,rtf,ttx..) files first Nov 26, 2008

Can anybody help? I fear I may have lost 2 weeks of work, not to speak of my best client and my will to live.............

This is to guarantee that your two weeks of work will still be there when the gun smoke clears. The chances are good - gut feeling, based on my own rainy days experience.

Spiros Doikas  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:45
Member (2002)
English to Greek
+ ...
Files... Nov 27, 2008

You could forward me the TM files if you want me to check them on my end and try to resuscitate if I can....

Other than that, what Word version do you use? Did you try reinstalling Office/Trados?

Sally Winch  Identity Verified
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
The Day After Nov 27, 2008

After a sleepless nite on an interpreting day ...

I had reinstalled Trados and that didn't work so I redownloaded it overnight and reinstalled it - still not joy. HOWEVER not one to be beaten, I uninstalled AVG, installed Norton, restarted the whole lot, and can now open Trados althought the C++ runtime error messages still appear - however I ignore them cos in all likelihood they will shut down the system again.

I have now redownloaded my source file from the client ftp, and as the translation memory is intact (although with some inexpèlicable gaps when comparing to the 2-day old poreview file I made in Word) so I can go through tag by tag reinserting my translation. This may seem a wonderufl opportunity to check it, but as time is short it is not - the only consolation is that it is mainly still there - phew!

Any shortcuts would be welcome Also any idea why my Trados should still play up (error messages) after redownloading and reinstalling... but of a bummer . an expensive programme, and if I need to purchase a support package too..........

Thanks for all moral support - I really appreciate it.

Sally

Binnur Tuncel van Pomeren  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2007)
English to Turkish
+ ...
I hope this helps you Sally Nov 27, 2008

Dear Sally,

Our problem seems quite similar, although with different starting points...

After my call, I am sending you herewith the relevant information as to the solution of the problem:

http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/121577-i_cannot_load_doc_files.html#999800

and eventually my contact details...in case you have questions.

Warmest regards from Germany and a lot of success with your interpretation and your software,

Binnur

Vito Smolej
Germany
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
why dont you use pretranslate!? Nov 27, 2008

.... so I can go through tag by tag reinserting my translation. This may seem a wonderufl opportunity to check it, but as time is short it is not - the only consolation is that it is mainly still there - phew!
Sally

what's in TM, can be poured into a bilingual file in one sweep, if you use Tool/Translate... in TWB to pretranslate the original source.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2007 crash

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs