Thread poster: Kok Loon
Kok Loon
Kok Loon
Malaysia
Local time: 17:17
Chinese to English
+ ...
Nov 28, 2008

i think my subject is clear enough, currently i'm using SDL Trados 2007 freelance, this version only able to install five languages in 1 time.
the question is, when i need to run others languages, does it have any short-cut to re-install or modify the target languages instead of remove and install the whole Trados program again.. Thank you for answering...

Attila Piróth
Attila Piróth  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 11:17
English to Hungarian
+ ...
No, you don't Nov 28, 2008

If you want to use Trados FL, you will have to uninstall and reinstall it.
If you need to work on small projects in the extra languages, the answer might be the demo version of Wordfast (fully operational up to 500 translation units in the TM). If that is not sufficient, you have three options:
1.) use Omega-T, which is free
2.) buy another tool (e.g., Wordfast, Metatexis, MemoQ, etc.) that does not ruin you
3.) keep uninstalling and reinstalling Trados - but this might b
... See more
If you want to use Trados FL, you will have to uninstall and reinstall it.
If you need to work on small projects in the extra languages, the answer might be the demo version of Wordfast (fully operational up to 500 translation units in the TM). If that is not sufficient, you have three options:
1.) use Omega-T, which is free
2.) buy another tool (e.g., Wordfast, Metatexis, MemoQ, etc.) that does not ruin you
3.) keep uninstalling and reinstalling Trados - but this might become very frustrating after some time
4.) pay for the full version of Trados.
Attila
Collapse

Kok Loon
Kok Loon
Malaysia
Local time: 17:17
Chinese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, Attila Dec 1, 2008

Thank you for your suggestion, i have another question here..
while i installing Trados 2007 FL, when come to the language selection, is that a must that i have to add the "English" as my target languages? if i added English, that's mean i only have 4 more options to choose. is that alright if i just add 5 others languages excluded English?

Many thanks
Best Regards,
Thong Kok Loon

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem in modifying the target language in SDL Trados 2007 Freelance

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »