Thread poster: Alexandra Sarmento

Alexandra Sarmento  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 12:47
Member (2008)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Nov 30, 2008

I have recently purchased SDL Trados 2007 Suite Freelance over the Internet see Order completed on 31-Oct-2008).
I installed both SDL Trados 2007 Suite Freelance and SDL MultiTerm on my pc and I think the installation was successful (although I never used them). A week after the installation, my pc crashed and I had to reformat it and install everything from scratch. After re-installing SDL Trados 2007 Suite Freelance and activating it over the Internet again, I started installing SDL MultiTerm and when it asked me to enter my License, I couldn't find it (neither through a server neither searching for .lic on my pc). I have looked into my purchase and licence details (https://oos.sdl.com/asp/products/ssl/account/mylicenses.aspx) and noticed that my product status is now 0 of 1 available and "No softkey licenses were found for this account" and "No softlock licenses were found for this account". I completed the installation of MultiTerm in demo mode, but I need it to be active.
My questions are:
1) How can I retrace my license for MultiTerm
2) I have to install both SDL Trados 2007 Suite Freelance and SDL MultiTerm ALSO on my laptop (apart from my desktop pc).

I have followed all the instructions from the manuals available, but the problem persists and I really need Trados to be fully functional as soon as possible.

I hope someone can help me solve this very unpleasant situation!

Direct link Reply with quote

Translation-Pro  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 13:47
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
Did you return your license? How to check your license status Dec 1, 2008

Hi Alexandra,

Did you return your license before uninstalling the program? In this case, an activation code should be available. If you didn't return your license, I think you need to contact SDL and ask for a new activation code. You can check your license status at Start/programs/SDLInternational/MultiTerm/License Manager. Click on "View activated licenses", and if you find only trial licenses, contact SDL. As for installing a fully functional version of the software on another computer, I think this was recently discussed in another thread.

Best,

Christa

Portugal
Member (2008)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I returned my license, but the problem persists Dec 1, 2008

Hi Christa,

First of all, thanks for your reply!
I did return my license, following the installation manual, but when I went to see my purchase and licence details https://oos.sdl.com/asp/products/ssl/account/mylicenses.a spx), it was still 0 of 1 available and "No softkey licenses were found for this account" and "No softlock licenses were found for this account"! Plus I realised that after returning the license, I couldn't work with Trados anymore, it asked me to activate my product, so I had to re-activate it using the activation code on the same computer... the situation remains unchanged. My Activated License state is OK and the type is Publisher Activation. The problem is that I would need to speak directly to someone from SDL but I can't seem to find a helpdesk telephone number and the live chat solution doesn't help because the operators keep telling me to solve things following the talisma and support options... I've tried, followed the instructions, but nothing! How do I contact SDL to ask for a new activation code?

Hope to hear from you soon!
Best regards,
Alexandra

Germany
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
A Suggestion Dec 1, 2008

Hi Alexandra,

I'm new to this software myself, but here's what I would try in your situation:
Go to Start/programs/SDL MultiTerm/SDL License Manager, click on "Activate online" and enter your activation code.

Hope this helps!

Christa

Portugal
Member (2008)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved! Dec 2, 2008

Hi Christa,
The problem has finally been solved, but there was nothing I could do personally because it was due to the fact that my computer crashed after I had activated the license.
Luckily enough, an SDL IT engineer saw the 1st SOS message I posted here and contacted me directly! He set up a new activation code and from there, everything went fine!
Thank you very much for your help.

Best regards,
Alexandra

P.S. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Germany
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
Great! Dec 3, 2008

Hi Alexandra,

That's good news. Three cheers for helpful IT engineers!

Thank you for the kind wishes and happy holidays to you too.

Best regards,

Christa

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem with MultiTerm License

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs