Trados TagEditor Help
Thread poster: Alexandra Sommerseth (dr med vet)
Alexandra Sommerseth (dr med vet)  Identity Verified
Norway
Local time: 14:54
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Dec 2, 2008

I have translated a ttx file in Tag Editor. I am a beginner with this, and I think I did something wrong when I was finish translating. When I try to open the file now I get this message:
"40007: Error reading TTX file header: A leading surrogate character was not followed by a legal second character."

I have found my translation in workbench under maintenance, but how do I open the translated text again (and hopefully send it to the client!??)

Direct link Reply with quote

Vito Smolej
Germany
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
goto File > Save Target as ... Dec 2, 2008

I have found my translation in workbench under maintenance, but how do I open the translated text again (and hopefully send it to the client!??)

ttx is a bilingual (source AND target) file. You get the translated file as indicated above. Note: TagEditor needs the original (source) file in the same subdircxtory as ttx to be able to create the target file.

Regards

Vito

Norway
English to Norwegian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
But can`t open file Dec 2, 2008

Yes, I understand this, and I saved it as bilingual, but something wrong happened at the end of the translation and saving process and I now need to retrieve the file. How can I open it again from Tag Editor or workbench? Can I open/retrieve the file from workbench?

Anja Weggel  Identity Verified
Member (2007)
English to German
Go back to original file Dec 2, 2008

Hi Alexandra,

I do not know that particular error, however, maybe it will help if you open your original file again and simply click through all the segments again. Since everything should be in your TM, this should not take long. You then save it as translated file. Unless, the error hinders conversion, this should be a quick solution to give you the translated file.

Kind regards
Anja

Vito Smolej
Germany
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
Seems like you can not open the TTX file ... Dec 2, 2008

Alexandra Sommerseth (dr med vet) wrote:
Yes, I understand this, and I saved it as bilingual, but something wrong happened at the end of the translation and saving process and I now need to retrieve the file. How can I open it again from Tag Editor or workbench? Can I open/retrieve the file from workbench?

if this is so, you can proceed as follows:

i) copy the source file to a new location
ii) open the TWB > Tools > Translate and add the source file in the new location to the list
iii) press translate - a new ttx in the new location will be created.
iv) proceed as suggested before with creating the target file

Norway
English to Norwegian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks a lot:-)) Dec 6, 2008

I managed to open the file again. Thank you very much for your help! I appreciate it!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados TagEditor Help

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs