Mobile menu

SDL Trados Tag Editor messing up HTML files
Thread poster: mprey
mprey
English
Dec 2, 2008

Hi

I've been working with SDL Trados 7 Freelance for a while now, and I just translated text in a rather complex HTML file. The problem is that the TagEditor apparently screws up the formatting in all kinds of ways, adding line breaks where it shouldn't etc.

Is there a way of getting the Tag Editor to leave the HTML file exactly as it is and only change text where I actually enter changes?

Thanks!

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 09:53
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Never had such problem Dec 2, 2008

and TE behaved always correctly on html files.
Are you sure it is TE or maybe the file itself is messy?

Piotr Bienkowski  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 09:53
Member (2005)
English to Polish
+ ...
Alternative: SDLX Dec 3, 2008

mprey wrote:

Hi

I've been working with SDL Trados 7 Freelance for a while now, and I just translated text in a rather complex HTML file. The problem is that the TagEditor apparently screws up the formatting in all kinds of ways, adding line breaks where it shouldn't etc.

Is there a way of getting the Tag Editor to leave the HTML file exactly as it is and only change text where I actually enter changes?

Thanks!

If you can consider trying an alternative, the Web based formats filter in SDLX leaves even the worst HTML code as it is. I suspect that the HTML file you're translating is not well formed in the first place, so the GIGO rule is applied.

HTH

Piotr

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados Tag Editor messing up HTML files

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs