Old SDLX glitch persists
Thread poster: Robert Trzaska

Robert Trzaska  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:54
English to Polish
+ ...
Dec 3, 2008

I’m sorry to inform all those SDLX fans who have hoped that the „automation” glitch, from time to time causing closing of the program if you use the automation function, would be finally dealt with and got rid of. It persists after the upgrade to the newest version of freelance bundle (SDL Trados 2007 Suite Freelance) and may cause some loss to those of you who do not have the “Control + S” habit. Well, I feel disappointed. Is it a signal to consider changing a horse, i.e., I mean, CAT?

BTW, I am using Windows XP + MS Office 2003 combination.

Direct link Reply with quote

MikeTrans
Germany
Local time: 18:54
Member (2005)
Italian to German
+ ...
SDL Company should concentrate much more on SDLX indeed! Dec 4, 2008

Hi Robert,

I'm a SDLX fan and can say this CAT is usually very stable, robust and convenient.
In fact, I'm really disappointed that with every new Trados version comming out, the SDLX versions that come along don't change at all. And that's a pity, because the Trados interface is a total mess to work with: no easy overview, futile tags to be carried along etc etc, and not to speak about the Multiterm system which is a system for the better craziest...

IMHO, SDLX would be the perfect tool with:

- An autotext
- Expression Matching or Automatic Concordance like in Trados

Let's hope for the future!

MikeTrans

Skatrine
Canada
Local time: 12:54
English to French
Auto-concordance in SDLX Dec 4, 2008

MikeTrans wrote:
IMHO, SDLX would be the perfect tool with:
Expression Matching or Automatic Concordance like in Trados
[/quote]

Hi
MikeTrans --

SDLX has Auto-concordance. In SDLX it's called Auto-propagate. You can find it under the Tools menu, Options, then the Auto-propagate tab. If it's not what you mean, explore the other options, like automatic lookup.

MikeTrans
Germany
Local time: 18:54
Member (2005)
Italian to German
+ ...
still dreaming of auto-CONCORDANCE Dec 4, 2008

Hi Skatrine,

Auto-Propagate will only propagate larger sentence parts already translated in your project, but not smaller expressions not yet translated and already present in the TM.

However, I will try to set the percentage of auto-propagate much smaller to see the results.

Thanks for your suggestion!

Robert Trzaska  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:54
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Light in the tunnel? This is at least what rumor says... Dec 5, 2008

A friend forwarded to me the following message:
http://tinyurl.com/69rvug
If it is true, they are going in the SDLX/ Deja Vu direction.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Old SDLX glitch persists

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs