Thread poster: Robert Trzaska
Robert Trzaska
Robert Trzaska  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:53
English to Polish
+ ...
Dec 3, 2008

I’m sorry to inform all those SDLX fans who have hoped that the „automation” glitch, from time to time causing closing of the program if you use the automation function, would be finally dealt with and got rid of. It persists after the upgrade to the newest version of freelance bundle (SDL Trados 2007 Suite Freelance) and may cause some loss to those of you who do not have the “Control + S” habit. Well, I feel disappointed. Is it a signal to consider changing a horse, i.e., I mean, CAT... See more
I’m sorry to inform all those SDLX fans who have hoped that the „automation” glitch, from time to time causing closing of the program if you use the automation function, would be finally dealt with and got rid of. It persists after the upgrade to the newest version of freelance bundle (SDL Trados 2007 Suite Freelance) and may cause some loss to those of you who do not have the “Control + S” habit. Well, I feel disappointed. Is it a signal to consider changing a horse, i.e., I mean, CAT?

BTW, I am using Windows XP + MS Office 2003 combination.
Collapse

MikeTrans
MikeTrans
Germany
Local time: 17:53
Italian to German
+ ...
SDL Company should concentrate much more on SDLX indeed! Dec 4, 2008

Hi Robert,

I'm a SDLX fan and can say this CAT is usually very stable, robust and convenient.
In fact, I'm really disappointed that with every new Trados version comming out, the SDLX versions that come along don't change at all. And that's a pity, because the Trados interface is a total mess to work with: no easy overview, futile tags to be carried along etc etc, and not to speak about the Multiterm system which is a system for the better craziest...

IMHO, SDLX
... See more
Hi Robert,

I'm a SDLX fan and can say this CAT is usually very stable, robust and convenient.
In fact, I'm really disappointed that with every new Trados version comming out, the SDLX versions that come along don't change at all. And that's a pity, because the Trados interface is a total mess to work with: no easy overview, futile tags to be carried along etc etc, and not to speak about the Multiterm system which is a system for the better craziest...

IMHO, SDLX would be the perfect tool with:

- An autotext
- Expression Matching or Automatic Concordance like in Trados

Let's hope for the future!

MikeTrans
Collapse

Skatrine
Skatrine
Canada
Local time: 11:53
English to French
Auto-concordance in SDLX Dec 4, 2008

MikeTrans wrote:
IMHO, SDLX would be the perfect tool with:
Expression Matching or Automatic Concordance like in Trados
[/quote]

Hi
MikeTrans --

SDLX has Auto-concordance. In SDLX it's called Auto-propagate. You can find it under the Tools menu, Options, then the Auto-propagate tab. If it's not what you mean, explore the other options, like automatic lookup.

MikeTrans
MikeTrans
Germany
Local time: 17:53
Italian to German
+ ...
still dreaming of auto-CONCORDANCE Dec 4, 2008

Hi Skatrine,

Auto-Propagate will only propagate larger sentence parts already translated in your project, but not smaller expressions not yet translated and already present in the TM.

However, I will try to set the percentage of auto-propagate much smaller to see the results.

Thanks for your suggestion!

Robert Trzaska
Robert Trzaska  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:53
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Light in the tunnel? This is at least what rumor says... Dec 5, 2008

A friend forwarded to me the following message:
http://tinyurl.com/69rvug
If it is true, they are going in the SDLX/ Deja Vu direction.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Old SDLX glitch persists

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »