Query related to TagEditor - Terminology verification - Plug-in – Properties
Thread poster: Sumana U

Sumana U
German to English
+ ...
Dec 4, 2008

Hi,

I am using SDL Trados 2007, V 8 and Windows XP.

I want to do the terminology verification in TagEditor file. When I select the tab 'Verification Criteria', the third option 'Check for terms which may have been set as forbidden in your termbase' is not active.

Please, let me know if anyone knows how to activate the third option.

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 01:00
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Database structure Dec 4, 2008

You can use forbidden terms only, if your database is set accordingly.
To make terms forbidden they must have a picklist field and then you can chose one of the picklist values to be the criterion for forbidding terms.
Otherwise you will not be able to use this feature.
Please note, that the criterion to filter forbidden terms must be a field configured as a picklist.

Sumana U
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Forbidden values - nil Dec 4, 2008

Hi Jerzy Czopik,
Thank you for specifying the picklist field

The MT termbase taken for term verification is originally an excel file.
I converted it in MT Convert: The picklist fields specified was 'Status' and 'Gender'. Under 'Status' there are several entries (E.g.: do not use, preferred, etc.) as picklist values.

I want to select 'Status' – 'do not use' under the third option 'Check for terms which may have been set as forbidden in your termbase'.

Problem: Sometimes, the Term picklist field box will be having only one picklist (Gender) and sometimes both (Status and Gender). And, no forbidden values are displayed under the 'Select forbidden value(s)' box.

Why only one term picklist field is displayed?
What could be the reason for empty forbidden value(s) box?
How to set right this problem?

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 01:00
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Did you set the picklist values during the creation process of the database? Dec 4, 2008

I understand you converted an Excel sheet, where you specified some columns to be treated as picklist. This is so far ok.
But when you then create the database from your defintion files, the corresponding fields are indeed created as picklists, but the lists in the Termbase Definition remain EMPTY! So you have to manualy fill all those values from Excel in the picklist definition.
Then you should be able to use them to select forbidden terms.
Otherwise the picklists are empty and thus cannot be used.
BTW, your database entries will still have the values showing, but when you chose one to edit and look into the picklist you will see, that there will be no choice of entries, but just an empty field.

Sumana U
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem Solved! Dec 5, 2008

Hi Jerzy Czopik,

I followed what you wrote and succeeded in solving the problem.

Thank you very much for helping me to solve the problem

Have a Nice Day!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Query related to TagEditor - Terminology verification - Plug-in – Properties

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs