https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/122521-problems_with_trados_installation.html

Problems with Trados installation
Thread poster: Hristo Kostadinov
Hristo Kostadinov
Hristo Kostadinov
Bulgaria
Local time: 06:54
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
Dec 7, 2008

Hi,

I have just installed Trados (never worked with it before) and I have a major problem. Following the instructions from the Self-running Tutorial, I have opened the Trados sample "Association for Road Safety - Conference". I have put the cursor in the beginning of the first sentence, clicked the "Open/Get button" and then I have received an error in Workbench "33353 End of paragraph not found".
Could someone help me - looks like I've done something wrong with the installat
... See more
Hi,

I have just installed Trados (never worked with it before) and I have a major problem. Following the instructions from the Self-running Tutorial, I have opened the Trados sample "Association for Road Safety - Conference". I have put the cursor in the beginning of the first sentence, clicked the "Open/Get button" and then I have received an error in Workbench "33353 End of paragraph not found".
Could someone help me - looks like I've done something wrong with the installation. I am using MS Office 2007 and Trados 7.
Thank you in advance.
Collapse

Hristo Kostadinov
Hristo Kostadinov
Bulgaria
Local time: 06:54
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Word 2003 has fix the problem Dec 7, 2008

Well, I have installed MS Office 2003 and it now runs ok. But can anyone tell me why it is so and how could I manage MS Office 2007 to work also.

Peter Linton (X)
Peter Linton (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:54
Swedish to English
+ ...
Missing paragraph mark Dec 8, 2008

That error message usually means exactly what it says -- Trados cannot find a paragraph mark at the end of the current sentence. One common reason is that there is some other mark such as a section break.

In Word, go to the end of the sentence and press Enter immediately after the fullstop (period). Then open the sentence again in Trados.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problems with Trados installation

Translation news related to SDL Trados

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »