Error message in Workbench: "unexpected failure in codepage property for COM plug-in component"
Thread poster: Sophie Theophile
Sophie Theophile
Sophie Theophile  Identity Verified
New Zealand
Local time: 17:09
English to French
Dec 7, 2008

Dear Colleagues,

While trying to run a Trados analysis on some .txt and xml files this morning, I received the following error message in Workbench: "Unexpected failure in codepage property for COM plug-in component".

I am using SDL Trados 2007 Suite Freelance. Everything was working fine last night and I really don't understand what the problem could be. Would anyone know what's causing the problem and how to solve it?

Thanks a lot in advance for your help
... See more
Dear Colleagues,

While trying to run a Trados analysis on some .txt and xml files this morning, I received the following error message in Workbench: "Unexpected failure in codepage property for COM plug-in component".

I am using SDL Trados 2007 Suite Freelance. Everything was working fine last night and I really don't understand what the problem could be. Would anyone know what's causing the problem and how to solve it?

Thanks a lot in advance for your help.

Sophie
Collapse

Alan Tolerton
Alan Tolerton  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 01:09
French to English
Re-save as .rtf Mar 1, 2009

Sophie:

Did you ever solve this?
I ran into the same issue today, and found your message while searching for a solution. Lacking any, I re-saved the .txt doc as .rtf, and Trados scanned it fine.
-Alan

Sophie Theophile
Sophie Theophile  Identity Verified
New Zealand
Local time: 17:09
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Mar 2, 2009

Hi Alan,

Thank you for your reply. No, I hadn't found any solution to my problem and finally had to work without Trados on those files. I will make a note of trying to save the files as .rtf should the issue come up again (this hasn't been the case so far so fingers crossed!).

Thanks again,

Sophie

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error message in Workbench: "unexpected failure in codepage property for COM plug-in component"

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »