Error message Trados 2007: Filter definition not found: Trados Word filter 1.0.0.0
Thread poster: Yolanda Alvarez Alonso
Yolanda Alvarez Alonso
Yolanda Alvarez Alonso
Local time: 07:49
Member (2008)
German to Spanish
+ ...
Dec 8, 2008

Hello!

I get the following message when I try to open a .ttx file which has been created from a word document:

Failed to retrieve tool bar settings for plugin file format: Filter definition not found. Trados Word filter 1.0.0.0

I then click on OK and get again a similar message:

Filter definition not found. Trados Word filter 1.0.0.0

After clicking on OK I can open the file and start translating, but I get the second message every
... See more
Hello!

I get the following message when I try to open a .ttx file which has been created from a word document:

Failed to retrieve tool bar settings for plugin file format: Filter definition not found. Trados Word filter 1.0.0.0

I then click on OK and get again a similar message:

Filter definition not found. Trados Word filter 1.0.0.0

After clicking on OK I can open the file and start translating, but I get the second message every time I confirm a segment.

Does anybody know what a "Word filter" is and where can I get it? I run a Trados 8.3 (build 863).

Thank you very much in advance!
Yolanda
Collapse

Camilla Larsen
Camilla Larsen
Norway
Different TagEditor and Workbench version? Dec 9, 2008

Hi Yolanda

Do you have different Trados versions installed on your computer?

Check under Help in your Workbench and TE window that you run the same versions.

I upgraded to SDL Trados 2007 some time ago, but still have the old version on my computer. If I click directly on the TE file I want to translate, it will open in my old Tag Editor, and then I get the same message. Although it's possible to translate, it's quite annoying getting the error message all
... See more
Hi Yolanda

Do you have different Trados versions installed on your computer?

Check under Help in your Workbench and TE window that you run the same versions.

I upgraded to SDL Trados 2007 some time ago, but still have the old version on my computer. If I click directly on the TE file I want to translate, it will open in my old Tag Editor, and then I get the same message. Although it's possible to translate, it's quite annoying getting the error message all the time.
If I open the new TE from the SDL Trados Synergi Window, and then open the file from TE, everything works as normal.

If this is not the case in your problem, try search for "filter 1.0.0.0" or similar in this forum or on the web. I remember there were some solutions where you had to edit the file (which is in one of your Trados folders).

Regards,
Camilla
Collapse

Yolanda Alvarez Alonso
Yolanda Alvarez Alonso
Member (2008)
German to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Still not working... Dec 9, 2008

Hi Camilla!

Thank you very much for your answer. Unfortunately, I only have one version installed, so that was not the problem. And I have searched in this forum for "filter 1.0.0.0" but it comes in relation to power point files. I guess I'll have to seach the Internet some more...

But thanks anyway!

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Try this... Dec 9, 2008

Hello Yolanda,

You may need to register your SDL Trados 2007 files to Windows by running the following file:

Please go to Start -> All Programs -> SDL International -> SDL Trados 2007 -> Trados and then run the "Register SDL Trados 2007” .bat file. If you are using Windows Vista then you will need to right click on "Register SDL Trados 2007" and select "Run as Administrator" from the menu.

I hope this helps.

Many Thanks,

Gareth P
... See more
Hello Yolanda,

You may need to register your SDL Trados 2007 files to Windows by running the following file:

Please go to Start -> All Programs -> SDL International -> SDL Trados 2007 -> Trados and then run the "Register SDL Trados 2007” .bat file. If you are using Windows Vista then you will need to right click on "Register SDL Trados 2007" and select "Run as Administrator" from the menu.

I hope this helps.

Many Thanks,

Gareth Powell
SDL Support Team
Collapse

Yolanda Alvarez Alonso
Yolanda Alvarez Alonso
Member (2008)
German to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It's working... Dec 9, 2008

Thank you all for your answers. Running the .bat file didn't work. I had to install everything from the scratch and that seemed to have done the trick.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error message Trados 2007: Filter definition not found: Trados Word filter 1.0.0.0

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »