Mobile menu

Comparing English to English
Thread poster: rosabonner
English to French
Dec 9, 2008

Can I match English to English in Trados Freelance?

Direct link Reply with quote

ViktoriaG  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:23
English to French
+ ...
If I am not mistaken... Dec 9, 2008

Although I haven't tried it so far, to my knowledge, you can do that, except that you would have to use different local varieties of English. You can't create an EN-UK EN-UK memory - but you can create and EN-US EN-UK memory. As long as the ISO code of the languages is not the same, you should be able to make combinations that involve the same language.

I can see where this could be useful.

All the best!

English to French
Thank-you Dec 10, 2008

I will try this out and let you know! Thank-you!

KSL Berlin  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:23
Member (2003)
German to English
Editing with TM tools Dec 10, 2008

There's really no reason why you can't use this approach for revision with any CAT tool AFAIK. The main advantages, depending on the environment you use, are the ability to propagate repetitive changes with greater ease and fix errant phrases and terms using assembly and QA features.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Comparing English to English

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Want to earn more in your spare time? Monetize your knowledge!

Do you speak one or more foreign languages? Fluency in target language + willingness & ability to help people in everyday situations could earn you $45 / hour. Download “Quiick Angel” app & become a guardian angel today

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs