Font/Character Problems with Trados 8
Thread poster: Heidi Lind

Heidi Lind  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 06:56
English to German
+ ...
Dec 11, 2008

I use Trados (Build 835) with Vista OS and my TM are messed up. (I've posted about the same issue before). When I work in TagEditor the German characters get scrambled (Chinese Symbols etc.) when TagEditor pulls a segment from the Workbench memory.
I just exported the memory into a txt file and when I opened it, the segments looked something like this:
...Verkaufsh}{\f14 än}{\f33 dler best}{\f14 ät}{\f33 igt ebenfalls, dass Sie der Erstk}{\f14 äu}{\f33 fer...
Is this normal? If not, what happened there and is there a way to fix this?
The segments appear normally in Word, I only have the problem in TagEditor.
The client's tech people tried reducing the number of fonts but that did not help. Do I need to further reduce the fonts and if so, how?
I'd appreciate any help. I'd like to keep the memories but I'm almost ready to start over...

[Edited at 2008-12-11 02:50 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Font/Character Problems with Trados 8

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2015 Freelance
The industry-leading translation software used by over 200,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs