Mobile menu

Can not select "import" in TM
Thread poster: sunleah
sunleah
English to Chinese
Dec 13, 2008

Hi!
I created alignment project, but after I open a new TM, in "File" menu, the "import" is in grey, so I can not select "import". Would anyone pls tell me how to fix it? Very much appreciated.

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 17:56
English to German
+ ...
More details, please Dec 13, 2008

Please provide more details, as requested on the form used for posting a new topic. In particular, you should indicate the software version (including whether or not you're using a Freelance version).

Best regards,
Ralf

sunleah
English to Chinese
TOPIC STARTER
Can not select "import" in TM in SDL trado 2007 Dec 13, 2008

Sorry I didn't make myself clear. I am using SDL Trados 2007 Synergy. After I created a pjt file in WinAlign, I tried to import it to a new TM in Workbench. ( I opened the workbench and made a new one. I don't have other TM. ) But in the "File" menu of the new TM, the "Import" is not selectable, it is not in black but grey, can not select. So Frustrating. Thank you for your time in reading my post.

Germany
English to German
+ ...
Freelance or Professional/Team? Dec 13, 2008

Hi again,

I am using SDL Trados 2007 Synergy.

Repeating my question: Freelance or Professional?

The reason why I'm asking this is the different behaviour of the Freelance and Professional versions regarding exclusive/non-exclusive TM access. In the Professional version, the Import option is deactivated unless you open the TM in Exclusive mode. Now if you're using a Freelance version, asking you about this is irrelevant as (IIRC) Freelance versions open the TM in Exclusive mode by default.

Obviously, indicating the full details upfront would avoid having to ask for them, one by one - hence the note when posting a new topic. I'm not trying to be difficult, but there's a reason for that note.

Best,
Ralf

Vito Smolej
Germany
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
you dont/cant import pjt... Dec 13, 2008

, After I created a pjt file in WinAlign, I tried to import it to a new TM in Workbench.

You have to export first (the file pair or the whole project) in WinAlign and then import THAT export file into TM.

Freelance, professional? A non-issue, Ralf

[Edited at 2008-12-13 18:47 GMT]

sunleah
English to Chinese
TOPIC STARTER
It is Professional Dec 14, 2008

Hi, Ralf!
I checked it again, it is professional ( I am new to Trados, trying to get around with it). Team or not team, I am not so sure. It is a SLD Trados 2007_PRO_SP2_835. So how do I open TM in Exclusive mode? Thanks

sunleah
English to Chinese
TOPIC STARTER
Solve it under your suggestion Dec 14, 2008

thank you, Ralf. I opened the TM and ticked "Exclusive" , and now the "Import" is selectable. Thanks for you help..

Germany
English to German
+ ...
Bingo... Dec 14, 2008

...glad it worked!

Best regards,
Ralf

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can not select "import" in TM

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs