Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]
How to install MultiTerm 2007 on Vista 64 (HOWTO)
Thread poster: Marc Baas
Lany Chabot-Laroche
Lany Chabot-Laroche  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 08:39
Member (2009)
English to French
TY Aug 9, 2010

Works like a charm on Windows 7. Thank you very very much!

Aoife Kennedy
Aoife Kennedy  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:39
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Thanks! Sep 15, 2010

Hello Marc
I want to thank you for being so generous with your time and for posting this way around the problem with running Multiterm on a 64-bit system. The problem with trados is that unless freelancers are willing to pay extra for a technical support package, it can take days to get a response to a technical issue. If it wasn't for technically savvy people like yourself, where would we be? I personally would probably be tearing my hair out, trying to get Trados to finally work on my ne
... See more
Hello Marc
I want to thank you for being so generous with your time and for posting this way around the problem with running Multiterm on a 64-bit system. The problem with trados is that unless freelancers are willing to pay extra for a technical support package, it can take days to get a response to a technical issue. If it wasn't for technically savvy people like yourself, where would we be? I personally would probably be tearing my hair out, trying to get Trados to finally work on my new computer!
I've checked and it's now running fine, fingers crossed it will continue to do so, I was beginning to think that Studio 2009 was the only option, and having spent so much money in recent years on previous versions of Trados, I really want to avoid doing so for the moment.
Once again, thanks for being so kind.

[Edited at 2010-09-15 16:34 GMT]
Collapse

Sabine Behrmann
Sabine Behrmann  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 13:39
German to Danish
+ ...
Thank you so much! Sep 20, 2010

This really saved me a lot of trouble.

Sönke Jessen
Sönke Jessen
English to German
Just another example how hard SDLs tech support su**s Oct 12, 2010

Incredible that this simple bug could not be fixed by the SDL SW engineers....

Kaspars Porins
Kaspars Porins  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 14:39
Member (2012)
German to Latvian
+ ...
Thanks! Feb 7, 2011

This was really great help!

Mathilde DOMENGET
Mathilde DOMENGET  Identity Verified
France
English to French
Using it in a new topic for Windows 7 64 bits Mar 15, 2011

Thanks a lot Marc for this.
It worked well on Windows 7 64 bits. For better visibility for Windows 7 users, I'm creating a specific topic, with a link to yours as "original copyright".

Rafael Delfin
Rafael Delfin
English to Spanish
MultiTerm 2007 Convert and Win7 64-bit Mar 19, 2011

Hello Marc and hello everyone,

The first time I experienced trouble in my Win7 computer, I followed the steps indicated here (thank you Marc!) and that solved the issue that didn't allow for Multiterm to work correctly.

As for this time around, a new issue has emerged: When trying to convert a glossary list (Excel) into XML format using Multiterm Convert 2007, I'm now getting the something in the sort of "Unhandled exception" and it does not let you move forward.
... See more
Hello Marc and hello everyone,

The first time I experienced trouble in my Win7 computer, I followed the steps indicated here (thank you Marc!) and that solved the issue that didn't allow for Multiterm to work correctly.

As for this time around, a new issue has emerged: When trying to convert a glossary list (Excel) into XML format using Multiterm Convert 2007, I'm now getting the something in the sort of "Unhandled exception" and it does not let you move forward.

Has anyone been able to find a solution (or a workaround) to get the Multiterm Convert module to work in this setting (windows 7 64-bit with Trados 2007)?

Thank you in adavance!
Rafa.
Collapse

Conor Murphy
Conor Murphy  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
German to English
This man deserves a reward Apr 1, 2012

Send me your address and I'll send you a bottle of Irish whiskey! With this I finally found a solution to a problem that has been bugging me for a long, long time. I had given up when "official" sources told me that Multiterm 7 will not work with 64-bit.

In Windows 7 (English version) the solution starts with "Start>Control Panel>Aspects and Personalization>Folder Options".

Thanks too to Mathilde for reposting.

Wiebke Köppen
Wiebke Köppen  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English to German
Another big THANK YOU! Apr 24, 2012

I just came across the same problem and am really glad to find such a helpful solution.

solution? Aug 30, 2012

Have you found a solution yet? I'm having the same problem here and I don't know what to do

kissv wrote:

My problem is beyond what is written and discussed in this topic. However, there might be someone who can still help me.

I've installed Trados 2007 and MultiTerm on Vista 64-bit. Everything went okay up to the point where I wanted to run MultiTerm. It says the followings:

Invalid Class String (MultiTermiX.Application)(Code: 0x800401f3). This topic is discussed here: http://urd.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/114664-how_to_re_install_multiterm_2007.html

The problem is there is no solution in that topic except for someone contacted someone to help him out in private.

What might be the problem? Does anyone have any idea?

Thanks in advance for any help provided.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to install MultiTerm 2007 on Vista 64 (HOWTO)

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »