Thread poster: Heinrich Pesch

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 17:15
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Dec 20, 2008

In Tageditor, when I double click on a word, the following space is highlighted too, and when I use copy and paste the space is copied along with the leading word. But when I overwright the highlighted word TE does not automatically insert the space (as Word does). This can lead to omissions at tags etc.
Is there a switch that would change this behaviour?

Regards
Heinrich

Direct link Reply with quote

Vito Smolej
Germany
Local time: 16:15
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
Not that I knew of... Dec 20, 2008

... But when I overwright the highlighted word TE does not automatically insert the space (as Word does). Is there a switch that would change this behaviour?

You mean when ending the entry by TAB or similar? I would not know. I backspace and write in the replacement AND the space.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Automatical space when writing over?

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs