Thread poster: Ahmed Maher
Ahmed Maher
Ahmed Maher  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:08
English to Arabic
+ ...
Dec 24, 2008

Hello,
For the first time, when I finished translating my file with tag editor, I used save target as feature to save the target file in *.doc format.
But the saved file was empty, However, its size was big as if it contain the translation.
Any help will be deeply appreciated. Thanks in advance.

All the best,
Ahmed Maher

[Edited at 2008-12-24 14:18 GMT]

Uldis Liepkalns
Uldis Liepkalns  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 07:08
Member (2003)
English to Latvian
+ ...
Font colour? Dec 24, 2008

Maybe just the font colour is set white on white? And what happens if you clean it up in Workbench?

I have no other ideas...

Uldis

Piotr Bienkowski
Piotr Bienkowski  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
Section breaks? Dec 24, 2008

ahmed maher wrote:

Hello,
For the first time, when I finished translating my file with tag editor, I used save target as feature to save the target file in *.doc format.
But the saved file was empty, However, its size was big as if it contain the translation.
Any help will be deaply appreciated. Thanks in advance.

All the best,
Ahmed Maher

Make sure that in the original there is an empty paragraph before each section break. Otherwise TagEditor may fail to export translation.

Did TagEditor return any error when saving target as?

Regards,

Piotr

Ahmed Maher
Ahmed Maher  Identity Verified
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Dec 24, 2008

Thanks a lot for your great help. In fact the source word file contain hyperlinks, which color is blue.
While tranlating this file with tag editor, I keep the color of the source text as it and I keep the tags also. When I finish and try to export the word file I receive no error messages, and the exported file is still empty.

All the best,
Ahmed Maher

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Failed to export the *.doc file from Tag Editor

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »