https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/123932-unable_to_open_any_ttx_files_and_files_opened_only_in_tageditor.html

Unable to open any .ttx files and files opened only in TagEditor
Thread poster: Sumana U
Sumana U
Sumana U
German to English
+ ...
Dec 30, 2008

Hi,

I am using SDL Trados 2007, Version 8 and Windows XP.

Everything was fine before I opened an Excel file with 4000 rows in TagEditor and saved it (.xls.ttx). After this, when I try to open any .ttx, .ppt, .inx or .html files in TagEditor, the error message appears: Trados TagEditor has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
The MS Word file can be opened in my TagEdi
... See more
Hi,

I am using SDL Trados 2007, Version 8 and Windows XP.

Everything was fine before I opened an Excel file with 4000 rows in TagEditor and saved it (.xls.ttx). After this, when I try to open any .ttx, .ppt, .inx or .html files in TagEditor, the error message appears: Trados TagEditor has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
The MS Word file can be opened in my TagEditor. But, when I open it in MS Word environment the Trados menu is missing, the Trados Flagman is inactive. Trados WinAlign is working properly.

I uninstalled Trados and reinstalled, but then also my TagEditor and MS Word Trados Flagman is not working.

Please let me know if anyone knows the solution.
Collapse

BManigk
BManigk  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 03:23
French to German
+ ...
TagEditor has encountered a problem and need ... Jan 25, 2009

Hello,

I have the same Version and a similar problem with TagEditor. I opened a file with pretranslated and blocked segments (XU tag), and now TagEditor is crashing constantly with exactely the same error message.
I reinstalled, installed the SDL trados 2007 Suite, nothing helps.

Did you find a solution for the problem since Dec. 30th ?

Best Regards,
Brigitte

Sumana U
Sumana U
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
not resolved Jan 27, 2009

Hi Brigitte,

Unfortunately, the problem exists still. The Trados template (TRADOS8.dot) gets corrupt automatically when I try to translate MS Word file in MS Word environment.

Please do respond if your Trados problem is resolved. If I succeeded in solving the Trados problem, then I will post the reply.

Is there anyone who could help us to solve the above mentioned problem?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Unable to open any .ttx files and files opened only in TagEditor

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »