Blank MultiTerm buttons when adding entries
Thread poster: David Rumsey
David Rumsey  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:08
Member (2004)
Danish to English
+ ...
Jan 3, 2009

I upgraded to Trados/MultiTerm 2007 last month. But now when I try to add an entry from within Word (2003), the MultiTerm entry dialog box appears with blank buttons. I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice with no luck of fixing this bug. Am I the only one? Of course, Trados doesn't offer any free support when you buy the product ;-( So I have nowhere to turn to get this fixed!

How can I paste a screenshot into this Kudoz entry?

Direct link Reply with quote

Alexey Ivanov  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 10:08
Member (2004)
English to Russian
Have you selected the MT termbase? Jan 3, 2009

Hi David,

I had a similar problem with Word 2007. Since we are talking different MS Word versions I am not sure it will help, but try this: Select > MS Word menu>Multiterm>Select Termbase. This should open the list of all available MT termbases. Using the (+) button you can add the required termbase to the list and using the (-) button you can delete those which you don't need. After this the MT should work. Another possible cause is corruption of the MT Template file in the MS Word startup folder.
If the first solution does not work, try copying the Multiterm Template file from C:\Program Files\SDL International\Multiterm 2007\Templates\MultiTerm7 into the startup folder at C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Word\STARTUP.
If you are still using Windows XP the address will be slightly different, but "Microsoft\Word\STARTUP' will be in it at the end.
I hope that helps.

[Edited at 2009-01-03 19:20 GMT]

Sandra& Kenneth  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:08
Member (2009)
French to English
+ ...
Been there, done that Jan 4, 2009

Hi David,
Try the following:
In Windows XP, go to
C:\Documents and Settings\[your user name]\Application Data\Trados\MultiTerm\

Delete file MultiTerm7dot.xml.

Don't worry, it will regenerate itself - hopefully OK.

This is a recurrent problem in MT. It's a good idea to save this procedure for future use.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Blank MultiTerm buttons when adding entries

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs