https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/124237-only_a_few_commands_are_active_in_tageditor.html

Only a few commands are active in TagEditor
Thread poster: Krzysztof Kłonica
Krzysztof Kłonica
Krzysztof Kłonica  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 04:44
English to Polish
+ ...
Jan 5, 2009

I need your help on TagEditor.
I got a ttx file to verify the translation. I also received a TM and an ini file. I opened the file, the TM and loaded the ini file. When I open a TU, the only options available in Workbench are Restore Source, Copy Source, and Close. I cannot do anything else.
I tried to open a previous ttx file I worked on and to my surprise the result is the same.
What did I do wrong or maybe mess up with settings?
Tag Editor and Workbench - 8.2.0.835. <
... See more
I need your help on TagEditor.
I got a ttx file to verify the translation. I also received a TM and an ini file. I opened the file, the TM and loaded the ini file. When I open a TU, the only options available in Workbench are Restore Source, Copy Source, and Close. I cannot do anything else.
I tried to open a previous ttx file I worked on and to my surprise the result is the same.
What did I do wrong or maybe mess up with settings?
Tag Editor and Workbench - 8.2.0.835.

I'd appreciate your help.
Stake

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2009-01-06 09:45 GMT]
Collapse

Andrea Brumma
Andrea Brumma
Spain
English to German
+ ...
Open first the TM Jan 5, 2009

Have you tried opening first the TM and then the ttx file?

Andrea

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Register the software Jan 5, 2009

Close all aplications. Go to SDL International Program group, navigate through it, locate the program called "Register SDL Trados 2007 Freelance" and let it run.
Now: first load the ini file. Then open the TM, now start Tageditor and open the file.
Everything should work or you will get an error message, saying the TM has incompatible languages.

Krzysztof Kłonica
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It works :) Jan 5, 2009

Andrea, Jerzy,
Thank you for your tips. Indeed, I first opened the file and then the TM because I had a problem with it. (The original one was copy-protected and then I received a new one - a txt file - which I had to import to a new TM.)

Jerzy,
What does the program actually do? I checked that my SDL is registered and I haven't had any registrastion problem so far, even when "returning" and initiating it on my second machine.

Stake

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Don't confuse this with software activation Jan 5, 2009

What you most probably mean is that your software has been "registered" with SDL, which in fact means it has been activated.
This little program writes registry entries for Trados in Windows-registry, making the software work when it starts to behave crappy. Not always of course, but it is worth to try this before starting any other means of experiment why something is not working properly.

Krzysztof Kłonica
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Activation/registration Jan 5, 2009

It's clear for me now, thank you. I will try it next time I have a problem, but let's hope I won't have to...

Kevin Lossner
Kevin Lossner  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 03:44
German to English
+ ...
Be more specific with the topic title Jan 6, 2009

Probably half the posts on ProZ relate to problems with Trados. How is someone supposed to identify this thread as relevant to them in a long list? (Well, there is keyword searching I suppose....)

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Title edited Jan 6, 2009

Thanks, Kevin,

Probably half the posts on ProZ relate to problems with Trados. How is someone supposed to identify this thread as relevant to them in a long list? (Well, there is keyword searching I suppose....)

I edited the topic - sorry for not catching it the first time around.

Cheers, Ralf

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Only a few commands are active in TagEditor

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »