Mobile menu

Enable sdlx items on context menus
Thread poster: Retroshift
English to Dutch
+ ...
Jan 7, 2009

I just bought me the Trados software and wanted to be able to translate word-documents by right-clicking on them. I read in the SDLX-tutorials that you have to check "Enable sdlx items on context menus" under tools/options/general in order to make that possible. However, when I check this box and click OK, the settings won't be saved, i.e. the box automatically unchecks when I click ok to save. Anyone can resolve this issue (=not wanting to save the settings)?

A second (independant) question is: How can I make (in SDLX) one segment in my target text for two segments in my source text? This means, how can I merge or insert segments in SDLX?

Thx in advance!

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 01:36
Try this... Jan 7, 2009

I would recommend you check your access rights and that you have sufficient privileges to write to the registry. If you are using Windows Vista then I would also recommend you turn off User Account Control which can prevent write access to certain folders.

Please follow these instructions:

1. Go to Start > Control Panel > User Accounts
2. Select the option "Turn User Account Control on or off"
3. Un-tick the box to "Use User Account Control (UAC) to help protect your computer"
4. Select OK to save all changes

You may need to restart your computer for the changes to take effect.

Question 2:

You can "merge" two segments by using the Join function in SDLX. Select the top segment of the two segments you wish to join, right-click the mouse and then choose "Join Segment".

I hope this helps.

Many Thanks,

Gareth Powell
SDL Support Team

[Edited at 2009-01-07 17:24 GMT]

English to Dutch
+ ...
thx Jan 7, 2009

Thx alot, it worked!

Now I got a question: I can merge segments but how can I split them?

And what's the exact difference between a .mdb and a .tmw 'translation memory'? Which programs use these extensions in Trados?

Are there by the way translation memory databases to be find in google?

Thx in advance!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Enable sdlx items on context menus

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs