Thread poster: writec

writec
Italy
Local time: 13:05
English to Italian
+ ...
Jan 7, 2009

Hi all,
I'm managing translation of HTML pages with some drop-down in it (help files, Robohelp 7 generated the source HTML code).

If I'm using the "HTML (web pages)" filter, everything goes ok.

But I want to upgrade to the newer "Web-based Format" filter, that manages perfectly HTML (without drop downs).
Using this filter, I got into the log file all the "_scr.itd" files that have just code in them, and they are counter as translatable text.

The glued HTML000.itd file works fine, a part hyperlinks that "eat" the space before the word in the source colums (you see "How wonderfulday" if "day" has an hyperlink)

But when I export all the translation, an error occurs:
"ERROR processing file : D:\xxl\xxl\xx Topic\EN-US\_HTML000.itd
Index not in interval"
and the export stops.

This happens only if the original HTML pages has drop-down in it, In other cases the WBF filter is OK.

Any idea??
Thank you a lot
Vilma

Direct link Reply with quote

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
Ignore SRC Jan 9, 2009

Hi Vilma,
just ignore the xy_src.itd files; they only contain the Java scripts that are used to create drop-down menus and lists.

writec
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Ignore SRC Jan 9, 2009

Hi Stanislav,
In fact I tried a second time, exporting the project and selecting only the HTML, but it does not work.
And today it happened on another project in which no DHTML were used...so I'm not sure what can be...
We use conditional tag (x-condition) and there are a lot of tables and all are topic imported from Wrod documents. It's a software library.

For eample in this case, no src were created, because is a "flat" online help, but the export created a unique _HTML000.htm file instead of ungluing and exporting all the files.

And there was the error, too.

Not sure that this detail can help.

Vilma

writec
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
SDLX does not report the HTML topic with troubles Jan 9, 2009

Customer asked me to export the pages of one element of the library and SDLX worked (6 files more-less).
I suppose that, if I import-export all the 38 elements (!) of the library, maybe I can discover WHERE the problem is.

Maybe because the export itself works, it is the unglue that is doesn't.

But it'a pity that there is no trace files that allow me to discover which topic has troubles...

The error file od SLDX is absolutely poor of details..

If you do not have any other idea, thank you a lot, to have dedicated time to this issue.

Sincerely
Vilma

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDLX Error processing HTML file with Web-based format filter

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs